Autodesk Smoke Essentials E-Book Hits Amazon
Autodesk Smoke Essentials, a new e-book from industry-renowned writer, director and colorist Alexis Van Hurkman and Wiley Publishing, is now available for purchase on Amazon and Wiley. The e-book gives artists and editors a practical new resource for learning the fundamentals of Autodesk Smoke - the powerful software application that combines a familiar track-based editing environment with robust features for digital compositing, color correcting and effects.
By providing basic lessons, step-by-step instructions and accompanying video materials, Autodesk Smoke Essentials illustrates how users can streamline effects-intensive projects by editing, compositing and finishing within a single environment. Every chapter begins with a topic introduction, explains methods used and breaks down why those methods are being used, and concludes with open-ended projects to encourage learning. Readers can also access a hands-on learning experience with downloadable project files from "The Place Where You Live" - a narrative live-action short film created by Van Hurkman using Smoke.
Autodesk Smoke Essentials offers instruction on many aspects of Smoke including:
- The Smoke interface inside and out, including all key tools
- Managing media with the MediaHub and Media Library
- Editing and trimming clips in a timeline to assemble and polish an edit
- Creating transitions, adding dissolves and using Timewarp
- Building basic composites using the Axis effect
- Using ConnectFX and Action Node for advanced compositing
- Working with audio clips
- Adding and mixing audio, music, and sound effects
- Techniques for color correction and styling titles and credits
For more information about the e-book and pricing, visit Amazon and Wiley. You can also get a behind-the-scenes look at Van Hurkman's work on "The Place Where You Live" in these IBC 2013 and Amsterdam SuperMeet videos.