Key Blue Sky staff are taking part in a number of events throughout the conference:
- "Bunny" the Oscar Award Winning short film from Blue SkyStudios will close each showing of this year's SIGGRAPH '99Electronic Theater at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.The conference and exhibition is being held from August8-13th at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- Chris Wedge will be speaking at the Wiltern Theatre in LosAngeles on Monday, August 9th at Noon as part of theSoftimage SIGGRAPH user group meeting.
- Dave Walvoord, Digital Effects Supervisor for "Bunny,"will participate in a panel called "Get Real! GlobalIllumination for Film, Broadcast, and Game Production" onThursday, August 12th at 2:15 p.m.
- Doug Dooley, a lead animator for "Bunny," will be speakingabout the animation of the film at the Wilshire Hotel in LosAngeles, on Wednesday, August 11th at 1:30 p.m.
- Mark Piretti, Technical Animator, will give ademonstration of his work with facial animation using Mayasoftware at the Res Magazine booth Wednesday, Aug. 11 at 2p.m.
- John Turner, Senior Research Associate, will present aTechnical Sketch titled "Multifluid Finite VolumeNavier-Stokes Solutions for Realistic Fluid Animation"during the 'Simulation for Animation' session on Friday,August 13. Programmer Andre Mazzone co-authored the paper.
For more information contact Brooks Jewell via phone: 914 381-8400
Dan Sarto is Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Animation World Network.