Upcoming October Events At ASIFA Chapters
- Wednesday, October 17th, 2001 ASIFA Colorado welcomes Sayoko Kinoshita, director of the Hiroshima International Animation Festival. Kinoshita will be presenting "The Best of Hiroshima Festival," a show produced as part of the Denver International Film Festival. For more information contact Edward Bakst at ASIFA-Colorado, RMCAD, 6875 E. Evans Ave., Denver, Colorado 80224, U.S.A.; Tel.: (800) 888-ARTS; or E-mail: EBakst@RMCAD.edu.
- Wednesday, October 17, 2001 ASIFA-San Francisco presents an evening with ILM director Tom Bertino. Tom is currently working as animation director for DreamWorks upcoming feature film THE TIME MACHINE. Tom's experimental digital animated 35mm short WORK IN PROGRESS will be screened and he will discuss his latest projects. The evening will begin with a tribute to stop-motion animator Billy Greene, who was killed in September. Billy's latest short film THOUGHT BUBBLE and some of his earlier works will be screened. Wednesday, October 17, 2001 at 7:30pm McBean Auditorium at The Exploratorium (San Francisco Palace of Fine Arts) This event is open to the public and admission is free. For more information please visit the ASIFA-San Francisco Website.
- Wednesday, October 17, 2001 at 7:30 pm ASIFA-Hollywood will screen the Annie Awards short film nominees, "as many as we can pack into one night." The screening will be held at the ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Center, 721 S. Victory Blvd., Burbank, California. The screening is for members only and it is free.
- Wednesday, October 24, 2001 at 7:30 pm Cartoon Research presents the rare Japanese 1968 anime feature THE WORLD OF HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN, hosted by Will Ryan with special guest, director/actor Chuck McCann. Released in 1971 by United Artists in the U.S., this rarely seen Japanese feature is made especially fun by the English dubbing written & directed by actor Chuck McCann and cartoonist Al Kilgore. ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Center, 721 S. Victory Blvd., Burbank, California. Please call ahead to reserve, space is limited. (818) 842-8330. ASIFA members $2.00; non-members: $5.00. For more information about these events visit http://www.asifa-hollywood.org.
- The 3rd Annual Week With The Masters event will continue with a revised schedule featuring the InSea Competition film screenings, Children's Animation Workshop screenings, MAC India Awards Ceremony and the Indian premier of SHREK. Week With The Masters will be held October 31, 2001-November 2, 2001 (note these are new dates). For more information visit http://www.toonzanimationindia.com.