TV Chef Joanne Weir Flip Video Founder to Accept Tasty Awards
Press Release from TasteTV
TasteTV today announced that TV Chef Joanne Weir and the Founder of the FLIP mini-videocamera, Simon Fleming-Wood, will be accepting TASTY AWARDS at the most exciting and prestigious event ever to celebrate food and fashion programs on TV, in Film, and on the Web.
Other new notables scheduled to appear at Thursday's TASTY AWARDS include:
* Actress Debi Mazar ("Entourage," "Dancing With the Stars," "Ugly Betty," UnderTheTuscanGun.com)
* Chef Nathan Lyon of TV's "A Lyon in the Kitchen"
* Producer of "Avec Eric" Paul Swensen
* The Executive Producers of "No Reservations" and "Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie," Lydia Tenaglia and Chris Collins.
* "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs" Directors Chris Miller and Philip Lord
* President of Viz Pictures Seiji Horibuchi
* Host of the new History Channel "Food Tech" program, Bobby Bognar
* Host of "In Wine Country"* Mary Babbitt and Exec. Producer Mary Orlin
*Anthony Bourdain, Top Chef, Project Runway, and Cake Boss lead the awards finalists with several nominations each.
Hosted by food and travel television star *Zane Lamprey* of "Three Sheets" fame (Scripps Fine Living Network), the two-hour red carpet event takes place at the Sundance Kabuki theatre in San Francisco on January 14th. The program will air on stations nationwide in February 2010, reaching millions of households and on *Hulu.com*.
The show features a star-studded lineup of food and fashion TV celebrities, including */ Tanya Holland (Food Network), Leslie Sbrocco (PBS), Gary Vaynerchuk (Wine Library TV), Marcy Smothers (Radio), Novella Carpenter (Author), Anita Chu (Author), Dominique Crenn (Food Network - Next Iron Chef), Marisa Churchill (Bravo, Top Chef, Author), Justin Kan (Justin.tv), Chef Nathan Lyon (A Lyon in the Kitchen, The Next Food Network Star), Laurine Wickett (Top Chef), Preeti Mistry (Top Chef), Elizabeth Howes (The Next Food Network Star), Laurence Scott (NBC), EC Morgan (SomaGirls TV), Philip Gums (JE Model)/*, and more.
The viewer appetite and response to food and style programs has surged over recent years, making them some of the highest watched video content. The *TASTY AWARDS *spotlight the year's best achievements in food and fashion programs on television, in film, and on the web.
To see the Full List of Nominees, and broadcast and ticket information, please go to www.TastyAwards.com .
The January 14th Awards Show takes place at the Sundance Kabuki theater in San Francisco; the gourmet After Party at the New People center.