Autodesk boosts creative workflows with upgrades and flexible subscription models.
SAN FRANCISCO -- Autodesk is heading to Amsterdam for the International Broadcasting Convention (September 12 – 16, 2014) with updates to its popular VFX, post production and 3D animation creative tools that enable artists to do their best work. In Hall 7, Stand D.25, Autodesk will feature an impressive lineup of speakers from creative shops around the world and also host a special Flame Awards event in celebration of this year’s most outstanding Flame talent.
Autodesk Technology Takes the Stage at IBC
Visitors to the Autodesk #7.D25 stand can check out the newest feature additions to Flame and Flame Premium 2015 visual effects software; upgrades to Smoke 2015 video editing and effects software and its new desktop subscription model; and cutting-edge technology integrated into Maya 2015 and 3ds Max 2015 releases. For the first time since its acquisition of Shotgun Software in June, Autodesk will also showcase new developments integrated into Shotgun’s production management solution. Autodesk software will also be featured at partner booths: NVIDIA stand 7.J39 (Maya); AMD 7.H35 (Maya and 3ds Max); and Promise 6.C11 (Maya and Smoke).
Spotlight on Autodesk Customers
Autodesk streams product demonstrations and customer showcases during IBC -- live in the Autodesk booth and on demand virtually on AREA. Presentations include:
- Framestore’s Oliver Bersey will demonstrate how the Oscar-winning VFX studio for Gravity is using Flame 2015 to create film and commercial VFX;
- Post Production Manager and Senior VFX Compositor Emilio Pérez from Madrid and Dubai-based boutique creative shop, Serena Digital, will showcase its newest projects;
- Production Tools Developer Alex Jackson is slated to speak about Framestore UK’s Shotgun workflow in films such as Guardians of the Galaxy and The Tale of Despereaux;
- Andreas Rathmacher, from German creative shop Velvet, will present its VFX and animation workflow;
- US-based design and VFX artist Greg-Paul Malone will demo the full capabilities of Flame 2015.
2014 Autodesk Flame Awards Celebrate Artistry
On Saturday, September 15, 2014 at 6:00pm CET, Autodesk will celebrate the achievements and awe-inspiring work of the Flame community during a special after-hours IBC 2014 Flame Award event. The festivities will include the unveiling of the 2014 Flame Award Winner, as well as special recognition honors and a live on-stage Flame demonstration from renowned design and VFX artist Greg-Paul Malone.