Auryn's new groundbreaking iPad app "AURYN INK" creates the authentic simulation of watercolor painting.
Auryn Releases “Auryn Ink” Watercolor App for the IPad
Press Release from Auryn
Los Angeles, CA (December 21, 2010) – Auryn's new groundbreaking iPad app "AURYN INK" creates the authentic simulation of watercolor painting. This revolutionary tool, geared for intermediate to high level artists and watercolor hobbyists, provides everything a watercolorist would need to create, export and share beautiful works of art. You've never had this much fun watching paint dry!
Currently in the top 50 apps on the iTunes chart, Auryn Ink is being offered for free through the holidays, $1.99 thereafter.
Auryn Ink enables users to create paintings with the touch of a finger anywhere at any time and is intuitive and easy to navigate.
Auryn Ink's Key features:
- · Watercolor simulation with edge darkening, granulation and back-run effects that all evolve and take form in real-time while you paint.
- Choice of canvas texture that affects your brush strokes and paint flow.
- Realistic brush model with control over pressure, bristle patterns, and more.
- Unique color selector that converts your color choice into a virtual pigment.
- Pigment simulation that blends color much like real watercolors combine: the wet pigments mix together and separate dry layers form glaze effects.
- Control over amount of water on the brush, which influences flow effects.
- Ability to paint with water alone to pre-wet the canvas for wash effects.
- Concise control over drying the canvas, and completing (fixing) glaze layers.
- Sensitivity to gravity: paint flows downward when the iPad is tilted.
Auryn apps are a unique combination of proprietary technology that incorporates fine art techniques and innovative storytelling. Pushing the boundaries of animation technologies comes naturally to Auryn's founding members who have contributed to visual effects and animation expertise to leading edge and Oscar-winning feature films for Disney Feature Animation, DreamWorks, Sony and Digital Domain.
Located in Los Angeles and India, Auryn was founded in 2005 by industry veterans Umesh Shukla and Amit Agrawal, along with Princeton alumnus Robert Kalnins, with the sole purpose to expand visual storytelling in emerging platforms. Auryn's patented technology allows for animations to be created in any natural media.
For more on Auryn, please visit www.auryn.com. Join the company's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Apps-By-Auryn/154697367909951