ASIFA Egypt organizes a workshop for African animators during the second edition of the Luxor African Film Festival, to be held March 15-24, 2013.
LAFF’s animation workshop aims to develop the skills and talents of young filmmakers in the art of low-budget cinema and to fortify bridges of cultural and humanistic communication among rising African filmmakers. Professional African filmmakers lead the workshops.
- The workshop will be lead by ASIFAmembers under supervision of Dr. Mohamed Ghazala , the regionalrepresentative of ASIFA in Africa.
- LAFF will receive trainees in theworkshop with a maximum of two coming from the same African country.
- Applicant can be a student in any filmor fine arts school or institute, and at least worked in one animated filmbefore LAFF 2013.
- The films made during LAFF workshopswill be shot, edited then will be screened during the closing ceremony ofthe 2nd LAFF edition on the 24th of March 2013
- Workshops’ participants will beprovided round trip air tickets and hotel accommodations in Luxor.
The deadline to submit applications, project ideas or previous films is January 13, 2013. For more information, and to submit your work, visit http://luxorafricanfilmfestival.com/oforms/assifa-cartoon-workshop-en.
Source: Luxor African Film Festival
Jennifer Wolfe is Director of News & Content at Animation World Network.