Beyblade: Metal Fusion Spinning To Licensing Success
Press Release from Nelvana Enterprises
The successful relaunch of the boys action phenomenon BEYBLADE is under way as Nelvana Enterprises announces a number of broadcast and licensing deals for the new animated series BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion.
BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion, from Nelvana and d-rights Inc., is set to air on:
* Cartoon Network in the U.S., Australia and New Zealand
* Gulli in France
* Nickelodeon in Germany
* Nicktoons in the U.K.
* Disney XD in Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands
* BOING, Turner’s Free To Air Block in Spain, broadcasted on Telecinco and Factoria de Ficcion
* YTV in Canada (premiered in May)
Hasbro, Inc. has been appointed the master toy licensee for most international markets outside of Asia and the new toy line has already launched in Canada and is set to hit shelves this fall in the U.S., Mexico, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux, Scandinavia, Australia and New Zealand.
Hudson Entertainment is signed for BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion video games for the Nintendo DS™ and Wii™ gaming systems, scheduled for release in North America and in most European territories (by Hudson Soft in Europe) for the 2010 Holiday season.
Nelvana Enterprises has secured several international licensing agents including:
* Lagardère Active for France
* CPLG for the UK, Ireland and Spain
* Brand Licensing Israel
* Kidz Entertainment/EEMC for Eastern Europe and the Nordic Region
* m4e AG for Germany, Austria and Switzerland
* CLM for South Africa
New licensees on board for the property include:
* Accessory Innovations for bags and accessories (U.S.)
* MZ Berger for clocks, watches and game pens (U.S.)
* Tech4Kids for flashlights and sporting goods (Canada, U.S. and beyond)
* Basic Fun for keychains (Canada, U.S. and beyond)
* Jack Guttman Inc. DBA Bakery Crafts for cake décor (U.S. and Canada)
* Dizzy Heights Entertainment for dog tags (U.S. and Canada)
* Adorable Lingerie for sleepwear (Canada)
* Fame Jeans for sportswear (Canada)
* Black & White for footwear (Canada)
* Gruppo Cartorama for back to school and stationery (France and Spain)
* Belltex for bed linen (France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxemburg, Germany, Austria and German-speaking Switzerland)
* Van Der Erve for apparel (France, Dom-Tom, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxemburg)
Representatives from Nelvana Enterprises will be at Booth 4832 at Licensing International Expo in Las Vegas.
About Corus Entertainment Inc.
Corus Entertainment Inc. is a Canadian-based media and entertainment company. Corus is a market leader in specialty television and radio with additional assets in pay television, advertising services, television broadcasting, children’s book publishing and children’s animation. The company’s multimedia entertainment brands include YTV, Treehouse, Nickelodeon (Canada), W Network, CosmoTV, VIVA, Sundance Channel (Canada), Movie Central, HBO Canada, Nelvana, Kids Can Press and radio stations including CKNW, CFOX, CKOI, 98,5 FM, Q107 and 102.1 the Edge. Corus creates engaging branded entertainment experiences for its audiences across multiple platforms. A publicly traded company, Corus is listed on the Toronto (CJR.B) and New York (CJR) exchanges. Experience Corus on the web at www.corusent.com.
About d-rights Inc.
d-rights Inc. is a 100% owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation, one of the world’s biggest general trading company, handling entertainment content for a variety of Media, offering services in every aspect of content business including production, rights management, financing and merchandising. Check our properties at http://www.d-rights.com.