Anime Studio Pro 7 Hits Shelves
Press Release from Smith Micro Software, Inc.
ALISO VIEJO, CA – Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI) Productivity and Graphics Group today announced the availability of Anime Studio Pro 7, the all-in-one tool for professionals and digital artists to create stunning 2D movies, cartoons and cutout animations. To speed up production workflow, Anime Studio Pro 7 provides a new, fully stocked Content Library and cutting-edge new features such as simulated physics, 3D shape design, integrated audio recording, and advanced animation tools.
Anime Studio Pro 7 alleviates the need for tedious frame-by-frame design through its revolutionary bone-rigging system that enables users to create a character skeleton that moves the figure over time, offering a greater deal of control, flexibility and efficiency in the design process. The new Simulated Physics toolkit allows users to apply movement parameters to characters and objects so that they fall, rotate and react in a natural manner. Users have the power to control density, gravity, friction and springiness of objects, and adjust how objects collide.
“Our training and background is with the old-tradition pencil and paper animation,” said Jonathon Dower, former Disney animator and Director of Tui Studios, creator of the popular iPhone apps Little Bella and Monster Music Mash. “When we discovered Anime Studio Pro, we were blown away by its flexibility. We now have the fluidity and subtlety of traditional animation with a much more streamlined work process.”
Anime Studio Pro 7 provides the power and flexibility to mix and match traditional 2D cartoon images with 3D figures, photographs and video to create cutting-edge, one-of-a-kind animations. Anime Studio offers motion tracking, integrated audio recording and built-in lip-synching to enable artists to quickly add sound, music or dialogue without ever leaving the application. Once created, shorts and high definition full-length animations can be easily exported to any number of file formats, including AVI, MOV and Flash.
“Anime Studio Pro 7 delivers everything needed to create and share professional quality animation in a complete package that saves time and resources for artists,” said Sarina DuPont, Product Manager, Productivity and Graphics Group at Smith Micro Software. “With new features such as 3D shape design and simulated physics, we’re pleased to introduce the most powerful animation program available on the market with a price point that simply cannot be beat.”
Anime Studio Pro 7 Features and Benefits:
* NEW - Simulated Physics - Offers a powerful new feature set, allowing users to set density, gravity, friction and springiness of objects.
* NEW - 3D Shape Design - Convert 2D vector layers into a 3D object
* NEW - Integrated Audio Recording - Record your own sound clips within Anime Studio with integrated Audio Recording
* NEW - Content Library - Quickly organize and access content with the new Library
* NEW - Poser Scene Import - Import Poser Scenes into Anime Studio to combine 2D and 3D animation styles.
* NEW - Follow Path Tool - Select any character or object to follow and bend along a pre-drawn path, making animating along curves easy
* NEW - Gather Media Function - Collects all files (audio, video, and images) and creates folders for the collected media to prevent the hassle of lost info and broken.
* NEW – File Transfer - Create and archive projects within Anime Studio and then seamlessly upload them to the Web, with free 2GB of storage space.
Pricing and Availability:
The MSRP for Anime Studio Pro 7 is $199.99 and is available direct from the Smith Micro online store at: http://www.smithmicro.com/animepro and from popular resellers, catalogs and distribution partners worldwide.
Owners of Anime Studio Pro can upgrade to Anime Studio Pro 7 for $129.99 at www.smithmicro.com/proupgrades.
About Smith Micro Software, Inc.:
Smith Micro Software, Inc., headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, with offices in Europe and Asia, develops mobility solutions that enable seamless broadband connectivity and next generation media and mobile convergence products over wireless networks.