Adobe releases an update to Creative Cloud which includes new desktop applications and sophisticated cross-device collaboration and publishing capabilities.
San Jose, CA -- Adobe announced that a major update to Adobe Creative Cloud, the company’s flagship offering for creatives, is now available. Unveiled at Adobe MAX, The Creativity Conference, in early May and packed with new features, this Creative Cloud release reimagines the creative process through a stunning set of “CC” desktop applications and sophisticated cross-device collaboration and publishing capabilities. Creative files can be stored and shared, via Creative Cloud, on Mac OS, Windows, iOS and Android; and Behance, the world’s leading online creative community, is now integrated with Creative Cloud, so customers can showcase work, get feedback on projects and gain global exposure.
“We’ve added a ton of new innovation to all our CC desktop apps like Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. These apps include new features that increase productivity, streamline the effort to build mobile content and showcase some stunning new imaging and video science. And in addition to the traditional areas of innovation these apps are now connected to the powerful publishing and community features integral to the Creative Cloud experience,” said David Wadhwani, senior vice president and general manager, Digital Media, Adobe. “And with even more great updates coming to Creative Cloud throughout the year, we can’t wait to see the incredible work our customers are going to deliver.”
With Creative Cloud, publishing finished work has never been easier, with enhanced services that build and power websites, mobile apps, tablet publications, online portfolios, and content for virtually any medium and device.
This milestone update to Creative Cloud simplifies the entire creative process. Core features include:
- CreativeCloud Experience on the Desktop. Withthe new Creative Cloud desktop app, your entire creative world is synced andorganized across your desktop, website, and mobile device. You can stay connectedto work on Behance; track feedback; and install and manage apps and updates.More features will be added soon to manage your files and desktop fonts withinthis same experience.
- IntegrationWith The World’s Leading Creative Community. With Behance now integrated with Creative Cloud, membersare able to publish their own portfolios, follow other creatives, publish work-in-progressfrom within a growing number of CC apps and solicit feedback from the worldwidecreative community. Over 1.4 million creatives globally are part of the Behancenetwork.
- Store,Share and Collaborate. Allfiles and assets can be shared between the desktop, cloud and mobile devices.A designer can take a photo on their iPad, use Photoshop Touch to refine thephoto while on the go, then access that file, via the cloud, and use PhotoshopCC on their Mac or Windows PC to further enhance the image. Designers can sendfiles to view, download or comment. Individual members receive 20GB of storage.
- SeamlessPublishing. CreativeCloud members have access to the services necessary to publish highly personalizedportfolio websites using Behance ProSite, high-impact digital publicationsfor iPad using Digital Publishing Suite (DPS) Single Edition, and PhoneGapBuild to create and publish mobile apps for any device. Adobe Typekit featuresan unmatched library of old-classic to new-favorite fonts for use on websitesand, coming soon in an update to Creative Cloud, creatives will also be ableto quickly find the perfect fonts in the growing Adobe Typekit library, syncthem to their computer, and have them immediately available for use in anydesktop application. Full Creative Cloud members will soon have access to over700 fonts, installed with a single click.
New Family of CC Desktop Applications Available Exclusively to Creative Cloud Members
This update to Creative Cloud includes the next generation of 15 Adobe desktop applications -- including Adobe Photoshop CC, InDesign CC, Illustrator CC,Dreamweaver CC, Premiere Pro CC and more. Adobe Creative Cloud includes more than 30 tools and services that enable professional-grade content creation and delivery across print, web, mobile apps, video and photography.
Hundreds of new features are included in these latest versions of Adobe’s industry-defining desktop tools. Innovations include:
- Photoshop CC ships with new sharpeningtechnologies and designer workflow enhancements. Camera Shake Reduction deblursimages that would have otherwise been lost due to camera movement. All-newSmart Sharpen makes texture and detail pop, and Adobe Camera Raw 8 adds evenmore powerful photographic controls to straighten and perfect images. PhotoshopCC and Illustrator CC are the first Adobe desktop applications to include theability to post files directly to Behance, showcasing work immediately andintegrating peer feedback into the creative process.
- For designers, the Touch Type toolin Illustrator CC offers a new level of creativity with type. Move, scale,and rotate text characters knowing that it remains editable. This feature workswith a mouse, stylus or multi-touch device. Illustrator also enables paintingwith a brush made from a photo. Art, Pattern, and Scatter brushes can containraster images, so designers can create complex organic designs quickly, withsimple brush strokes. And Illustrator CC features integration with Behance,so work can be shared directly to Behance to get feedbackand showcase projects. A new, modern architecture for InDesign CC turbochargesperformance, and in-browser editing in Adobe Muse CC -- a tool for designersto create and publish HTML websites without writing code -- allows clientsto make edits to a published website, which can then be reviewed, approved,and updated by the designer.
- For video customers Adobe PremierePro CC includes dramatic new editing features, customizations and improvementsto help editors work efficiently. Premiere Pro CC integrates powerful colorworkflows, with the addition of the Lumetri Deep Color Engine to easily applyrich color grading looks. A high-impact version of Adobe After Effects CC bringsmotion graphics and visual effects artists more creative possibilities andallows them to work more easily in 3D with the new Live 3D Pipeline with MaxonCinema4D integration. There are also all-new versions of Adobe SpeedGrade CC,Audition CC, Prelude CC and Adobe Story CC Plus.
To mark this introduction, Adobe has also launched Create Now: a Celebration of Creativity. Over the course of the program’s first month Adobe will host a variety of collaborative art projects, commemorate the birthday of a design icon and provide a forum for creatives to use Adobe tools to express themselves in fun, engaging and unexpected ways. More information is available at http://adobe.ly/createnow.
This major update to Creative Cloud is available now. Current Creative Cloud members receive all of this innovation as part of their existing membership, at no extra cost. Special promotional pricing is available to existing customers who own CS3 or later. Individual, education, team, government and enterprise membership plans are available.
Source: Adobe Systems
Jennifer Wolfe is Director of News & Content at Animation World Network.