Adobe announces plans to significantly update the video tools in Adobe Creative Cloud with over 150 new features, including new capabilities in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe After Effects CC, Adobe SpeedGrade CC, Adobe Prelude CC, Adobe Media Encoder CC and Adobe Story CC Plus.
SAN JOSE, CA --
Adobe has announced plans to significantly update the video tools in Adobe Creative Cloud. With over 150 new features, this upcoming release is packed with new capabilities in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe After Effects CC, Adobe SpeedGrade CC, Adobe Prelude CC , Adobe Media Encoder CC and Adobe Story CC Plus redefining how video professionals create, collaborate and deliver high quality productions across multiple screens. Important updates will also be added to Adobe Anywhere for video, which enables large virtual teams of talent to efficiently shoot, log, edit, share and finish video productions together. Today’s announcement signifies Adobe’s commitment to providing continuous innovation for Creative Cloud members and builds upon the huge customer momentum Adobe video is experiencing across the broadcast and post-production industries. These major updates, expected in October, allow broadcast and media professionals to extend their creative toolset and streamline their editing environments.
Adobe will demonstrate its new solutions, highlight key customers and partner focused initiatives during the annual IBC 2013 Exhibition at its stand (Hall 7, Stand 7.G27) in the RAI Convention Center, Sept. 13-17, and online at www.adobe.com/go/ibc2013. Adobe professional video and broadcast tools will also be presented in more than 60 partner booths throughout the IBC exhibit.
New Innovations to Creative Cloud for Video
Creative Cloud offers video professionals a membership-based service that provides users with unlimited access to download and install flagship Adobe professional video desktop applications as well as the full range of Adobe desktop applications for design, Web and photography. With Creative Cloud membership, users also have access to publishing services to deliver apps and websites, cloud storage and the ability to sync to any device, and new products and exclusive updates as soon as they’re released. This offers more efficient ways to share work with colleagues and the creative community; and enables more innovation, collaboration and efficient productions from post to broadcast. Key new updates include:
- A new Direct Link Color Pipeline between AdobePremiere Pro CC and SpeedGrade CC provides an integratedworkflow that allows users to move multi-track timelines seamlessly back andforth; open Adobe Premiere Pro CC sequences in SpeedGrade quickly; and seethe results as effects in Adobe Premiere Pro CC that are managed by the LumetriDeep Color Engine.
- Expanded native support for UltraHD, 4K and higher resolutions, high frame ratesand RAW formats, enables editors to work with footage from the hottestnew high-res cameras natively – without having to wait to transcode and re-wrapfiles.
- The Mask Tracker in After Effects enables video professionals to create masks and apply effects thattrack automatically frame-by-frame throughout a composition to save countlesshours of tedious work.
- Editing is streamlined in Premiere Pro CC, with improved multicam, enhanced closed captioning capabilities,new monitor overlays and audio monitoring features, enabling editors to workfaster.
- Performance enhancements punctuate this release with support in Premiere Pro CC for OpenCL,providing editors with the speed and power they need for the most demandingprojects; and new GPU debayering of the Cinema DNG file format for real timeplayback.
- A preview of the upcoming Prelude CC Live LoggeriPad app, which enables users to log notes, events,and other data on their iPad while shooting, including the ability to syncwith timecode on set via supported wireless timecode generators, and then syncmetadata to footage via Creative Cloud for faster editing.
- Advanced color grading with the new SpeedLooks in SpeedGrade CC offers dedicated camera patches.This allows users to match the color spaces even across different camera formats.New multiple masks and linked mask layers capabilities also enable SpeedGradeusers more control over complex looks.
- New Sync Settings in Adobe Media Encoder CC let users now sync application preferencesbetween multiple computers via Creative Cloud.
- New production planning features in Adobe StoryPlus provide powerful scheduling and reportingtools for managing productions efficiently, making it easy to modify and sharelists between productions and users.
The Next-Generation of Adobe Anywhere for video
Adobe today also announced important updates are planned to Adobe Anywhere, the modern collaborative workflow platform that empowers users of Adobe professional video solutions such as Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Adobe Prelude CC to work together using centralized media and assets across standard networks. Adobe Anywhere complements Creative Cloud applications and enables deep collaboration for large organizations working with video, including broadcasters, educational institutions and government agencies.
- Early access to After Effects CC Support: Adobe Anywhere now enables visual effects and motion graphic artistsusing After Effects CC to collaborate with other production team members, withoutthe need to learn new software.
- Growing File Support: Users can now edit media in Premiere Pro CC while it is recording to a file -- a capability important for sports and live broadcasters.
- Complementary iPad App: Adobe is previewing an upcoming Adobe Anywhere iPad app, that enables users to view productions and play back sequences on the Anywhere server fromthe field or a remote location.
“Professional video is a dynamic industry where things change fast. Broadcasters and Video Pros have limited resources and are under increasing pressure to deliver more on shorter timelines and smaller budgets, so they need solutions that streamline workflows and enable more efficiency,” said Bill Roberts, Adobe’s director of video product management. “We have seen rapid adoption of our video tools in Creative Cloud and are excited that less than five months after a milestone Creative Cloud release, we’re able to preview significant new features and services. We make an active effort to listen to our customers and develop solutions to address industry challenges and both Creative Cloud and Adobe Anywhere give us a great platform to quickly deliver those enhancements.”
“Our work evolves with technology, so it is cost effective for us to take advantage of the Adobe Creative Cloud model,” commented Patrick Dahl, Co‐founder, Banner Collective post-production for Chicago Blackhawks. “Adobe invests in its video products and it’s incredible to see how far they have come. Why wouldn’t you want immediate access to all of the great new offerings?”
“The move to Adobe Creative Cloud for software delivery really opens up a huge mindset change for us on the end user side,” said Walter Biscardi, Jr., Principal, Biscardi Creative Media. “It’s awesome to know that not only is every tool in the toolbox available to us, but instead of waiting months or a year to see a new feature rolled out, Adobe can now implement changes and features as they are ready. That’s huge to know that new tools will be in our hands faster than ever before.”
“We spend 90 percent of our time in Adobe After Effects CC, so any features that save us time and fuel our creativity are appreciated,” said Stephen Lawes, Creative Director, Cantina Creative. “In After Effects CC there’s a lot to love -- from the new Cinema4D integration and the improved 3D tracker to the addition of Refine Edge to the Roto Brush and improved scaling algorithms -- it all has a positive impact on our workflow.”
“For quick turnaround jobs, Adobe Premiere Pro CC nails it,” said Gerard Tay, Film and TV Editor. “I can edit faster than in Final Cut Pro 7 because I don’t have to transcode, the trim tools are better, and I can use features such as Hover Scrub to cut a montage incredibly quickly.”
Membership Plans and Availability:
This major update to the video tools in Creative Cloud is expected to be available in mid-October 2013. Current Creative Cloud members receive all of this innovation as part of their existing membership, at no extra cost. Special promotional pricing is available to existing customers who own CS3 or later. Individual, education, team, government and enterprise membership plans are available. For pricing details, visit: https://creative.adobe.com/plans.
New enhancements for Adobe Anywhere for video are expected to be available in mid-October.
See New Video Tools at Create Now World Tour
Adobe’s new video tools will be showcased at the company’s upcoming Create Now World Tour. At these free seminars, Adobe evangelists will share tips and techniques to create and share standout work, using Creative Cloud. Create Now enables creatives to meet the experts, watch amazing demonstrations, learn new skills, network with peers, and get answers to workflow questions. The first event is September 19, in San Francisco, California. More information is available at: www.adobeeventsonline.com/createevent.
Source: Adobe Systems Incorporated
Jennifer Wolfe is Director of News & Content at Animation World Network.