Adobe announced Adobe Creative Cloud, a radical new way of providing tools and services that will change the game for creatives worldwide.
Press release from Adobe:
SAN JOSE, CA — Adobe announced Adobe Creative Cloud, a radical new way of providing tools and services that will change the game for creatives worldwide. A subscription-based offering, Adobe Creative Cloud is a hub for making, sharing and delivering creative work and it is centered around a powerful release of Adobe Creative Suite 6 software, packed with innovation across its industry-defining design, Web, video and digital imaging tools.
Adobe Creative Cloud Highlights
- Creative Cloud membership provides users with access to download andinstall every new Adobe CS6 application announced today and two new HTML5products, Adobe Muse and Adobe Edge preview.
- Creative Cloud integrates Adobe’s creative tablet applications, suchas Photoshop Touch, into everyday work - seamlessly synchronizing andstoring files in the cloud for sharing and access on any device.
- Creative Cloud members will be able to easily deliver mobile apps toiOS and Android marketplaces and publish, manage and host websites.
- Adobe Creative Cloud members will have access to applicationupgrades, including new CS point-product features, before they arelaunched as part of major CS updates, as well as inventive new productsand services as they emerge.
- Adobe Creative Cloud membership is US$49.99 per month, with anannual contract. A special introductory offer of US$29.99 per month forCS3, CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 individual customers is also available.
“The urge to be creative is universal, and harnessing the creative spark – in everyone from school children to creative pros – has never been more important,” said Shantanu Narayen, president and chief executive officer, Adobe. “Wherever and whenever inspiration strikes, Adobe will be there to help capture, refine and publish your ideas.”
Creative Suite 6, Innovative HTML5 Tools Anchor Creative Cloud
- CS6 includes landmark releases of industry icons such as AdobePhotoshop CS6, Adobe InDesign CS6, Adobe Illustrator CS6, AdobeDreamweaver CS6, Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, Adobe After Effects CS6, AdobeFlash Professional CS6 and more. With Creative Cloud membership,creatives can download and install all of the 14 new Adobe Creative Suite6 applications.
- Creative Cloud membership also includes access to Adobe Muse andAdobe Edge preview, new tools for HTML5 design and development thatdemonstrate Adobe’s commitment to the latest Web standards.
Creative Cloud Links Adobe Touch Apps to CS6 Desktop Tools
- Adobe Creative Cloud integrates Adobe’s line of creative touch toolswith CS6 desktop applications.
- Adobe Touch Apps bring professional-level creativity to tabletdevices and address multiple areas of the creative process: image editing,ideation, sketching, mood board creation, website and mobile appprototyping, and the presentation of finished work.
- Photoshop Touch and Adobe Ideas have already proved runaway hits onthe iPad and Android tablets. Three additional tools, available on Androidtoday, will be coming to iPad soon: Adobe Collage, Adobe Debut and AdobeProto.
- A new desktop app, Adobe Creative Cloud Connection, enables thesyncing, sharing and storing of files across mobile devices anddesktop.
- Creative Cloud membership includes up to 20GB of cloud storage, withadditional storage purchase options coming soon.
Creative Cloud Publishing Services Streamline Website and App Creation
- Creative Cloud publishing services will include the ability to easilypublish apps, magazines and catalogues to iPad, iPhone and Androiddevices.
- Members have immediate access to Adobe Typekit, the Web-based fontlibrary that pioneered the use of real fonts on websites, delivering morethan 700 typefaces from leading foundries.
- New Web hosting capabilities, integrated as part of Adobe CreativeCloud membership, allow users to easily create and host high-impactwebsites. The Integration between Adobe Muse, Typekit and the Webhosting capabilities power a new simplified workflow for deliveringhigh-impact websites.
Members Receive Ongoing Delivery of New Applications, Services and Features
Creative Cloud members will receive ongoing updates to Creative Suite applications as well as other new products and services as they emerge. Coming in the future to Adobe Creative Cloud are:
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4, the desktop software tool that enablesphotographic perfection from shoot to finish; the first complete releaseof Adobe Edge, a ground-breaking HTML5 development tool; and DigitalPublishing Suite Single Edition, the technology behind the delivery ofdigital magazines on iPad.
- Creative Cloud will also include training, support and communityfeatures that drive meaningful connections between creatives worldwide.
Live Streamed Webcast
The launch event for Adobe Creative Cloud and CS6 will be streamed live beginning at 10 a.m. PT, April 23 at www.adobe.com/special/cs6/launch-event.html and will be available there as a continuous rebroadcast from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. PT on April 23. An on-demand version will be available at http://tv.adobe.com beginning April 24.
Pricing and Availability
Adobe Creative Suite 6 products and Adobe Creative Cloud are scheduled to be available within 30 days and can be pre-ordered now. Adobe Creative Cloud membership will be available to customers in 36 countries and in multiple languages. Pricing for Creative Cloud membership for individuals is US$49.99 per month based on annual membership and US$74.99 per month for month-to-month membership. A special introductory offer of US$29.99 per month for CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 individual customers is also available. Learn more at www.adobe.com/go/creativecloud.
Adobe continues to offer 14 CS6 point-products as well as Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium (US$1,899), Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard (US$1,299), Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium (US$1,899) and Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection (US$2,599) for purchase. Upgrade pricing is also available to eligible customers. Customers can purchase Creative Suite 6 via Adobe.com and through select retail, resellers and online stores. More information on product pricing is available at www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite.html.
Adobe Touch Apps can be purchased separately from the iTunes App Store‡ or Google Play for US$9.99 each. Special offers for Adobe Touch Apps are available for customers who sign up for annual membership of Adobe Creative Cloud. For more details visit www.adobe.com/products/touchapps.