9 Story Entertainment announces its slate of new episodes and shows set to launch at MIPCOM, including animated comedy series Numb Chucks.
Toronto, Canada -- 9 Story Entertainment announced its slate of new shows and episodes launching at MIPCOM 2013, featuring both animated and live action programming. From new series in development like Sonny & Sky and The 3 Amigonauts to new episodes of Daniel Tiger’s Neighbourhood and Extreme Babysitting, 9 Story Entertainment is committed to providing the best quality children’s and family entertainment across multiple formats.
“Our varied slate of new shows, combined with several important third party acquisitions, makes for our strongest MIPCOM offering to date,” said Natalie Osborne, Managing Director of 9 Story Entertainment. “We are also bringing the largest delegation we’ve ever had and are looking forward to a successful market.”
- Numb Chucks (52 x 11’): First Episodes! Genre: Animated Comedy Audience: 6-11 An animated comedy about two half-witted woodchuck vigilantes, Dilweed andFungus, who use their non-existent kung-fu skills to protect the lives ofall the citizens in Ding-a-Ling Springs, whether they need it or not!
- Sonny & Sky (11’): New Demo Genre: Animated Audience: Preschool Sonnyis a curiousand thoughtful bright-eyed six year-old boy.Sky is a tickle-and-tumble,spontaneous and carefree young polar bear. Together, these polar opposites steer their way through all of the trials and tribulations ofgrowing up in their Arctic town Beluga Bay.
- The 3 Amigonauts (11’): New Demo Genre: Animated Comedy Audience: 6-11 Set in Earth’s far-flung future, The3 Amigonauts followsHerby, Kirby, and Burt, three lovable clueless bestbuddies who’ve just enrolled at the esteemed Oober-Doober SpaceAcademy.
- Haunted Tales (Working Title) (40 x 11’) Genre: Animated Comedy Audience: 8-12 An animated comedy thatfollowsPepe, a 12-year old boy who helps out at his grandmother’s potionemporium. Along with his friends, Pepe constantly finds himselfinvolved in offbeat adventures and hilarious, extraordinary situations –usually caused by his own silly misuse of his grandmother’s magicalartifacts!
- Monkey See Monkey Do (26 x 11’) – Season 2 Genre: Animation / Live Action Audience: Preschool An animated and liveaction preschool series that follows our host, Monkey, and his goodfriend Parrot as they learn about friendship, animals and the importanceof movement.
- Daniel Tiger’s Neighbourhood (40 x 22’ or 80 x 11’) Genre: Animation Audience: Preschool An animated preschool series featuring Daniel, a shy but brave 4-year-oldtiger, who lives in the beloved Neighbourhood of Make Believe. With thehelp of his neighbours, family, and friends - Daniel has fun and learnskey skills necessary for school and for life.
- Extreme Babysitting (35 x 30’): Second Season Currently in Production! Genre: Live Action / Reality Prank Audience: 8-12 A hidden camera prank show that takes teenagers who think they knoweverything about looking after kids and puts them to the ultimatebabysitting test - one that they will never see coming.
- Finding Stuff Out (29 x 30’) Genre: Live Action Audience: 6-9 A lively science-oriented series which, instead of imposing adult notionson kids about what they should know, gives them what they want: answers tothe questions that matter to them the most!
- Guess How Much I Love You (52 x 11’) Genre: Animation Audience: Preschool The animated preschool series GuessHow Much I Love You – The Adventures of Little Nutbrown Hare is thefirst adaptation of the much loved bestselling picture book Guess How Much I Love You which hassold more than 22 million copies worldwide.
- Joe & Jack (39 x 7’) Genre: Animation Audience: Preschool An adorable series about a 4-year-old boy named Joe, and his best friend;who happens to be a cat, Jack. These two have the biggest imaginations andtheir days are filled with all sorts of adventures.
- Peg + Cat (80 x 11’) – Launching this Fall in the U.S.! Genre: Animation Audience: Preschool Peg + Cat is an animated preschool series that follows an adorablespirited little girl, Peg, and her sidekick, Cat, as they encounterunexpected problems that require creative solutions. In order to solve theproblems, Peg and her cat must add, subtract and apply basic arithmetic.
- Teenage Fairytale Dropouts (52 x 11’) Genre: Animation Audience: 7-11 Meet a new generation of fairytale characters, the children of those superfamous icons we all grew up with.
- Wild Kratts (92 x 22’) – Now in its 3rd Season! Genre: Animated Adventure / Comedy Audience: 4-9 The Kratts brothers leap into animated action in Wild Kratts, a half-houradventure comedy from the creators of the hit shows Kratts Creatures and Zoboomafoo.In each episode, Chris and Martin Kratt travel to a different corner ofthe world to meet amazing new animals.
Source: 9 Story Entertainment
Jennifer Wolfe is Director of News & Content at Animation World Network.