Search form

review my portfolio plz

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
review my portfolio plz

Plz rate my portfolio site (the contents)

http://annajart.tumblr.com/ 

little introduction : i am anna, i am 18 years old currently and i live in the netherlands but go to a art highschool in belgium

i stayed home from school for two years because of anxiety issues and thats why i am still in high school  , but because of that i could work hard on my artwork and anatomy and i am planning to attend calarts or gobelins when i graduate, which is in 3 years.

I have realized a lot of people on sites used to share artwork such as deviantart and tumblr, want to study animation and imagine themselves working at disney or another big animation studio. the biggest problem here, is that people dont put effort into it. lets get this straight, most people who want to go into animation draw almost only dogs/foxes/canines. this definitely also counts for people who want to work in the game industry. but the thing is; most people dont even have the grasp of how to draw a dog. they just make a 4 legged creature, give it a dog snout and call it a 'canine'. i cant say that qualifies as 'knowing how to draw canines'. and the other thing i also noticed about these artists is that they all image dogs with pointed ears, and for some strange reason are all half wolves/foxes somehow. what about mastiffs? bulldogs?saluki's?dalmations? hell, did you even know there was a japanese dog that looks a lot like a shiba inu but bigger called an akita? most people only know how to draw a generic dog, but when asked to draw different breeds they will tumble over because they have no clue how to actually draw various dog breeds. if you want to tell people you like drawing dogs most of the time ,and don't even know how to draw one dog breed correctly, that could be a problem in the future if you want to study animation. as for the animation industry , they look for people that can draw a lot of things. dogs are just one small part of it, but just drawing some generic 'canine' like creature and calling it a dog won't really offer them what they want. what really counts a lot is effort.

i put a lot of effort and study into these art pieces and i hope it shows. i worked every day and drew until my hands hurt (they still do! : o )
i bought 3 anatomy books and learned from prokos youtube tutorials as well. still trying to experiment with more mediums though !

i am still trying to work with tvpaint and the animations on my portfolio blog are made in flash, a program i am pretty good at. my dream would be getting a star in the hollywood walk of fame one day, and im already working hard for it!

Edited by: AnnaNJasinschi on 12/02/2015 - 11:49am
There is something wrong with

There is something wrong with your link. Your portfolio needs to a sperate section showing only your best work. Make sure to review your portfolio, cutting out material while placing in new work.