Search form

How to start in the right way?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to start in the right way?

So I'm 15 years old now and I wanted to become an animator since I was 11... I always said to myself: "one day you will be..." but now I realized that I havn't done much to be as qualificated as possible. I want to change it now but I don't know where/how to start... I bought "the animator's survival kit", watched videos and so on.... however when I see all these things I fear never to be good enough (I never had drawing lessons or someting and the opportunities after I graduated school are not the best around here...)
I think I should have started much earlier! I'm okay but I should be better.
Do you guys have tips... something like a chrash course?
How did you start?

Edited by: Unicornpinata on 09/24/2015 - 2:51am
I started drawing when I was

I started drawing when I was 5. I was never really any good until I was 35, 10 years AFTER I got into the biz.

At 15 years old.........you are not even out of the gate yet. Don't sweat it.  Draw as often as you can, don't give up.  You will get where you are going eventually.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

The Animator Letters Project

I believe you would find the answers you are looking for by reading the letters on The Animator Letters Project website. Professional animators have shared their stories about how they broke into the industry, how they overcame roadblocks, and their encouragement and advice for others looking to pursue their dream of becoming an animator. So much wisdom and inspiration is found in the letters. Please let me know what you think. :-) www.theanimatorlettersproject.com

Willie Downs, Creator and Editor, The Animator Letters Project, williedowns.co