Search form

Animation courses/degrees in Australia??

1 post / 0 new
Animation courses/degrees in Australia??

Hi everyone.

So basically I was wondering if anyone on here knows of any courses or degrees, offered through Univeristy or any other place of education, in Australia that are perfect for someone interested in a career in Animation/illustration. 

I'm essentially a complete newbie when it comes to animation, having only recently seriously gotten into it, but I have been drawing since a young age. I was the kid who would spend hours creating my own characters and then making numerous homemade comics about them haha.

I've been struggling with what I wanted to do for a quite a while and having turned 20 just recently I made the decisions to go with what I love doing the most, something that I'm willinging to work at, put hundreds/thousands/millions etc... of hours of work into and feel as though I've never worked a day in my life.

I'm most interested in 2d animation, both with the good ol fashioned pen and paper and with a tablet/computer. I'm aware that 2d animation itself is a dying art but even so I would love nothing more than to get some form official education in the medium so that I can begin to work my arse of to get into this amazing industry!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)