Search form

I'm new to this..

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm new to this..

I got the idea of making a fun, sketchy animation. I'd like for it to be hand drawn digitally, and I know how to go about drawing it, but not so much actually animating it. I can make gifs, but the frames are all at the same interval and I don't know how well it would go if there were many frames. I downloaded a program called "Vectorian Giotto", which, I think, is sort of like flash. However, I don't think it lets me upload outside images, as it is not in that format. I don't want to draw the animation in that either. Additionally, it exports as a flash movie format, and I don't know what to do with that. How would I make it into a video?

How do most animators that draw the frames like this do it?

I know very little about the logisctics of animating XD

Shop are around for some

Shop are around for some other drawing software. See if you can find one that you can afford.

I have drawing software. I

I have drawing software. I just don't know how to animate drawings the way I want to

Can you produce the style of

Can you produce the style of drawing you like on paper?

Yes, that's how I draw most

Yes, that's how I draw most of the time, but I would prefer to do it digitally.

Hello!

Hello!

Personally, I use Photoshop to do my animations when I'm working in 2D digital drawing. Basically, you would draw the first frame, then duplicate this layer, change the opacity of the original layer to 30% or so, then select the new layer and erase what you want to change. This way, you can see what the first frame was for reference. You then draw the second frame, and so on. 

You can then go into the timeline and basically create the animation by turning on and off each layer as you advance through your animation!

You should be able to go to Youtube and search how to animate on Photoshop to find more detailed tutorials!

Good luck!

The Best Place to Buy and Sell Animated Shorts -- AnimationCreationz.com

I don't have photoshop, but

I don't have photoshop, but thanks for the advice. 

The programs I do have are paint tool SAI, my paint, gimp, krita, and something similar to flash I downloaded called "Vectorian Giotto"

I'll look into using these programs to animate