Search form

The Ginger Dread Man - My First 2D Animation - Feedback Greatly Appreciated

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Ginger Dread Man - My First 2D Animation - Feedback Greatly Appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmJAPhJPBSo

Hi guys, this is my first 2D animation completed as part of a college course. 

The brief was to create a 2D animation based loosely on a popular children's story, fairytale or nursery rhyme.  

It's worth pointing out that I only had 3 weeks to complete this from start to finish, and I am fairly new to animating in Flash so the workflow at the beginning was a little slow going as I began to find my feet.

That doesn't mean that I don't welcome criticism for any aspect of it, I'm just pointing out that that's why it is fairly rough around the edges.  Another week or two would have done the world of good to add a few levels of polish, but it was important to meet the deadline.

Anyways, I would greatly appreciate any views and comments (either on here or YouTube), as this will help with my final assignment which involves collecting audience responses.

Many thanks,

Matt

Edited by: Matty87 on 06/03/2015 - 7:45am
Is this an animation course

Is this an animation course or is it teaching how to use the software you used in this animation?

You have an interesting story, a kind of GooseBump vibe to your video. There is almost no squash and stretch and I saw not arc to any kind in your characters movements. If these remarks are too far off the mark for what you wont, sorry. 

With out knowing what the class is about, I do think you should get a decent grade for you video.

Hi Wontobe, thanks for the

Hi Wontobe, thanks for the comments.  I appreciate all feedback. 

The course that I'm doing is kind of like an access to higher education course that broadly focusses on Media, Animation and Game design.  The animation side covers traditional stop-motion, 2D animation (Flash), and 3D animation (Maya).

It's basically an introductory course designed to help in getting used to the various pieces of software and producing some content that will form a portfolio to assist in University applications, as well as learning all of the theory side of things too.

It is probably balanced more towards being technically capable with using the software as opposed to the artistic quality at the moment, but that is still important as well.