Search form

2D Animators wanted for indie game project

1 post / 0 new
2D Animators wanted for indie game project

Hello AWN, I am Steffen Simmons, a game designer working out of Texas with a few friends of mine, and we are working on a new independant game project. The project in question is called Omega Barrage, a 2D brawler set in the far future. To let you know beforehand, this is a VOLUNTEER position. We have no money to pay an animator, so only apply if you are willing ot do volunteer work. If we make enough profits, you will be paid a percentage of the money made, but we have nothing upfront.

Requirements for joining the project.
-Smooth animations. Since this game is a brawler, there will be fighting game style animations. Having smooth animations is imperative

-Knowledge of in-game artwork. You should be able to understand what I mean by windup frames, hurt frames, and dead frames, as well as a merriad of other terms that I will be throwing around. Having played a fighting game in any capacity will help.

-The ability to work with a static camera. In the game, the camera will not be changing from its 2D view. Your animations must look good from this view or they will not work for our purposes.

-Communication. I understand that not every animator will be living within 5 minutes drive. Having a consistent schedule that you can get on Skype is preferrable. 

If you are at all interested in helping the project, reply with your name, Skype schedule, and a link to your portfolio as well as  any other pertinent information. If you wish to inquire about more information about the project in question, send me a private message or an email at adeptusforgeceo@gmail.com.

Thanks, Steffen Simmons