Search form

Short animation "RUINS" inspired by H.P. Lovecraft and Conan the Barbarian tales!

1 post / 0 new
Short animation "RUINS" inspired by H.P. Lovecraft and Conan the Barbarian tales!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN4U4lWqyUM

Good day!

This short animation was made by me and my friend. It was project for exam in Art Academy. I love Loverafts mystireous stories and R.E. Howards adventures and explorations of ancient civilisations. 

This is the first ever made video and I'm not a proffessional. I did all drawings and scenes directing + combined together sound effects and video track, my friend did the animation (I had only 1 month to finish this video and present it for examiners). So I decided to do it in "Motion Comic" style.

Story is about traveler to an ancient ruins and returning of stolen object so that unfortunate thiefs can be saved and become humans again. I intendenly denied any soundtrack, the idea was to make it feel like in game "Shadow of the colossus" -ascetic minimalism of sounds. 

Im am very proud of this job, but i know it is not perfect. So I am open for any criticism. For me the goal is to find people who share the same passion as I do and create more and longer animations.