Search form

Writer/Sound Designer looking to Collaborate on Kickstarter Campaign

1 post / 0 new
Writer/Sound Designer looking to Collaborate on Kickstarter Campaign

I am looking to collaborate with a talented 2D artist/animator who shares similar interests and goals to what I am trying to achieve. I'm a huge fan of traditional animation, both American and Japanese. Unfortunately here in the US, traditional animation has become stereotyped in to two different categories: entertainment for children or adult comedies such as South Park, Family Guy, etc. My goal is to change this, which lead to me starting the company Little Grim Entertainment (view our website here). 

In order to make a name for the company I have started production on a feature length animated fan film called Superman: Origins (Facebook page here). However as this is a fan film, no profit can be made from the final product. So I'd like to begin work on a short trailer for our first original 2D animated series. This trailer will be used to fuel a Kickstarter campaign, which in turn will allow us to complete a full 22min pilot episode.

How will I contribute? Aside from finishing production on the fan film, starting the business, and writing the first episode, as mentioned in the title I am also a sound designer (view my demo reels here). I have a full home studio complete with a vocal booth I had built specifically for voice over.

What do I need from you? All things art. You will help with designing the characters, marketing artwork, and of course the animation. Keep in mind as mentioned before, at first this will be a collaboration. But if we can raise the funds through Kickstarter this will become a paid project.

If you are interested, please reply by sending your name, your location, and a sample of your work to projectgrim.staff@gmail.com. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Bonus points if you share a similar taste in animation, as these shows/artists are where I draw my inspiration from:

American:
Bruce Timm (Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Justice League, etc.)

Japanese:
Dragonball Z
One Piece
Full Metal Alchemist
(Many more but these are the top 3)