Search form

Need help and advise with final year project and 'Interactive Animation'

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Need help and advise with final year project and 'Interactive Animation'

For my final year project I wanted to produce a full animation sequence on Maya but apparently we can't just do animation we have to make it interactive as well

So what does it mean by interactive animation? Can somebody give me some examples so I can be more clear with what I have to do?

Like you play a game or you complete a puzzle and an animation plays?

Well I was thinking of an idea like an animation would start playing and then the animation will pause and three/four options would come up on the screen and the user will have to choose which option they want and based on what they choose the next animation would play and the whole idea would be to get to the ending without dying or making the wrong choice.

Is this interactive animation?

What type of interactive animation is this if it is interactive animation and I'm sure it is because the user has to interact.

Also what software can I use to add the interactive part? What software do I need to work on to play the animations based on the choice the user chooses... So can I make all the animation sequences on Maya and then import them to Flash??

Tezelian's picture

Creative Destruction

Creative Destruction

Interactive will involve the mouse or key board while the animation is running.
You could have zones in the field of view that will branch off to some text or a different video.

If you are not clear about a directive given in class, why are you asking us?

Ask your instructor.

Asking strangers on-line about this sort of thing is like travelling to the far side of the world to ask about the best places to eat in your home town.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

'Interactive will involve the mouse or key board while the animation is running.
You could have zones in the field of view that will branch off to some text or a different video.'

Thank you for the advise

' If you are not clear about a directive given in class, why are you asking us?'

I will speak to my instructor in 2 weeks but until then I just want to do a bit of research regarding my idea, just wanted to double check what interactive animation meant and if my idea met that criteria...

Creative Destruction