Search form

I'm new(ish) to animation, and am looking at some great options.

1 post / 0 new
I'm new(ish) to animation, and am looking at some great options.

Hey, I've had artistic talent since I was born. I typically stay within the comical arena of cartoons, but when I apply myself, I've seriously been able to make a few things look real, just without color. I'm not talking about cups an other stupid simple objects anyone with an art background could draw and shade, I mean like more complex objects, and once even a human hand. I know I've got potential, and if I apply myself, I can make some stunning stuff. Aside from that, I'm big into making logos and such.

I have this dream of making a web-toon, as a fun hobby, and being able to make some fun money from it. This would be on YouTube & on a site.

So I've got some questions, and could not think of a better way to get the answers then joining a forum where people ACTUALLY know what their talking about.

First, I'm looking at a few programs to assist me in 2D animation, with 3d qualities, if you know what I mean. I know I can draw like that, I'm just looking for the easiest way to make it happen. I'm thinking about doing it frame by frame, or frame by frame with LOTS of pre-done actions and layers to assist. I DO currently have Adobe Flash CS6, which came with all the other adobe programs on a monthly subscription. I also have anime studio pro 6, which I find very easy and powerful, but limiting when I want do do more complex things like mimicking a 3d character. I can do it, but it will end up being a choppy movement, should I ever want to show a 3d type movement.

So I'm thinking about upgrading to ASP9, which does seem to have improvements that would be very useful. Then there's Flash... Which should I use, I don't mind spending the money, I' just wondering which would be best. Maybe, if you could, tell me of other options, and any free ones that would come to mind.

Just some side information, I AM picking up a graphic tablet, the Wacom Bamboo Capture to be precise. Also, if you have any Ideas for making a square seem like a full 3d cube that can smoothly be "rotated" in anime studio, please tell me.

Please forgive any grammatical errors I may have made, I wanted to type this fast.