Search form

first animation

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
first animation

This is the link to my first animation, after watching it, you'll see why I need assistance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU_nbuYbKyw

It would be nice if the characters have more motion than just opening their mouths and shaking :)

You should do some of the fundamental animation exercises. Is there any thing specific you wont to ask?

thank you

Yes, I also would have liked to add some actual movement, which is what I've been working on recently. I have no background animation knowledge, so this was pretty much my test run to make sure I could create a basic animation with sound and then be able to upload it. I do appreciate the feedback, and I forget his exact name but ____ assassin helped me in the cafe area with all of my current questions but I'm sure once I'm a little more familiar with the program and a little better and understanding of what I need to do I'll be asking for more pointers

1 more thing

You mentioned fundamental animation exercises. Are you referring to making the bouncing ball animation? That has been the only real basic thing I've found if you know of any other exercises I could do to help me that would be awesome.

assassin

Acetate assassin is the name of the person who helped me. Sorry I felt like he deserved .his whole name in my post.

!

Yes, bouncing ball is essential bro, if you have that. You could post the link here.

Another thing would be doing the walk cycles. :)

walk cycles

yeah, I fought with the walk cycle for about a week trying to use the bone tool. I've decided to can the bone tool and just play around with moving symbols...It's still giving me a bit of trouble, but I'm sure I'll eventually get the hang of it. I'm really hoping to have a more advanced animation up by next weekend, we'll see if my schedule allows for that.

!

Cool. That's nice.

But it's really nice if you start with the traditional way, too! You know, draw from paper and all. :D

drawing

yeah, I bet this whole process would be alot easier if I practiced the traditional way, sadly I have 0 talent when it comes to drawing, painting, sculpting, any of the artsy stuff. I would say I'm the exception to the rule practice makes perfect.

!

everyone starts somewhere bro :)

drawing a ball is easy..that is, if we start with the bouncing ball.

i have some friends who struggle at drawing, so they went 3D. maybe you should try that some time. it takes a while but at least you'll have that point of not drawing anymore. hehe

going 3d

I plan on trying poser or maya autodesk (at least I'm pretty sure those are 3d programs) but I'm not willing to make a commitment to a program until I'm done with my contract with flash. Just trying to find what I'm more comfortable with.

Update: My new project already has 7 moving parts (as opposed to my 2 moving mouths on my first one) also do you know of a way to make a semi realistic water motion? like a shoreline? my current strategy isnt terrible, but could be better.

!

probably go try blender it's free as opposed to maya. :)

oh, cool on that. there are a lot of things to consider when you animate stuff. Have you read about the 12 Principles of Animation? that helps a lot really.

also, i couldn't help you about the water animation. sorry. i haven't tried animating fluids.

yeah, I bet this whole process would be alot easier if I practiced the traditional way, sadly I have 0 talent when it comes to drawing, painting, sculpting, any of the artsy stuff. I would say I'm the exception to the rule practice makes perfect.

It is not just a rule, it the law. :D

will do

I will check out blender as soon as I'm done eating.

Then I suppose I'm a criminal with no hope of rehabilitation :(