Search form

Good places to advertise low budget animation jobs?

1 post / 0 new
Good places to advertise low budget animation jobs?

Hi,

I was wondering where the best sites are to find independent animators, specifically people fairly new to the whole industry who are looking for their first jobs out as a new animator. Basically a post along the lines of:

"Hi,

In the next 8 months, I need to find about 8 animators who can each do one short.

For 4 of them I'm looking for animators who can do a good job animating character in a very limited style. Think Rocky and Bullwinkle and then simplify significantly more. Or those old 60's Batman cartoons but far simpler, for a different take. I'm rather open as to the specific style, as long as it's limited.

Another 4 of them are more abstract/experimental - think fluid ink or kinetic typography or other more open forms. Some of these are to go alongside a spoken word poet's piece and others alongside of music.

All of these are serving the purpose of creating Jewish Educational shorts for my company based in the San Francisco area and pay roughly $1,000/minute."

I know of forums like this and Animation Forum, but I have to believe there are some better places to post this sort of thing. Any advice?