Search form

Howdy

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Howdy

Hello! I'm new.

I've been working as an artist for about 13 years now. Video games, and ISD training and storyboarding, shooting video. You name it. I've done it. Just short of creating an animated feature film all by myself that is.

The company that I currently do ISD and Training software for is closing down and I will be unemployed very soon. Within the month.

I'm trying to decide if this is the time. The time for me to jump out, and do what it is I want to do. To finally break away and take my destiny into my own hands and try to sell my animated show ideas and start my animation studio.

I've never sold a piece of work that is "mine". It's always clients ideas, and stories, and things that they want to see made.

It might be time.

But...I'm terrified! Honestly. I'd rather walk into the local shopping mall bare naked with a sign over my head that says "I slept with one of your parents, guess which one", than to embark on the road to seeing my stories and ideas show up on a weekly or bi-weekly basis on the television.

So I've registered here to read, and write, and ask, and answer in hopes that I'll get my brave on, or just take another "job", where I can go home at night, hug my kids, kiss my wife, pet my dog and mow my lawn.

Lets see what happens shall we?

Welcome to the forms! :) It must be scary for you to lose your job and have to start your own studio. I wish you the best of luck! :)

-A ninja animator