Search form

The Troubles Of Magnet Boy, and Other Gloomy Tales.

1 post / 0 new
The Troubles Of Magnet Boy, and Other Gloomy Tales.

Dearest animators.

I expect no success from this pitch... but hope springs eternal! So... here goes:

I have written a book; a collection of gothic short story poems, somewhat similar in feel to Tim Burton's Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy.

I've had an encouraging response to it so far; I offered it to 3 illustrators as a future profit share project (with no promise of profits), and every one of them wanted the job. I had to audition them.

It's currently being illustrated by a capable amateur... when complete it will be self released as an eBook, and sent to literary agents. It will be put on sale on Amazon and all the sites Smashwords deal with. It will have a website, a facebook page, twitter accounts, a blog, an audio-book, a podcast, and even T-shirts and hoodies.

The thing about a book like this is... it has the potential to gain a devoted audience, and even a cult status. If an initial buzz can be generated, it can snowball to the point where thousands of people make their own videos and artwork and put them up on youtube.

So... my aim with this pitch is to see if anyone would be interested in helping me to get the ball rolling; animating a gothic short story poem; with no immediate promise of money.

If enough people showed interest, there could eventually be a monetized youtube channel, and possibly even a DVD release if the book gains a wide enough audience.

Any interest anyone?