Search form

Need help finding a modeling internship

1 post / 0 new
Need help finding a modeling internship

Hey guys,

I'm an animation and digital arts student at the University of Southern California and I was hoping that someone here could point me in the right direction of a website where I can find modeling internships or recommend some companies that I should look into.

I've applied to the major studios (Disney, Lucas, Dreamworks, Nickelodeon, etc.). Those were pretty easy to find just by visiting their websites or googling them. I'm not sure how to find internships with smaller studios though (mainly because I don't know all of the companies that I should be searching for).

It also seems like there are a lot of jobs for modelers but not too many internships. Most of the internships that I find are for animation or concept art. I'm more than willing to do those things too, but I'm really hoping to find an internship in which I can improve my modeling skills and learn a lot about the process of preparing models for feature films, television, video games, etc.

I've also included a link to my demo reel and would greatly appreciate any input on how I can improve my modeling (wireframes, texturing, etc.) or how I can improve my reel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYbthggcbzI

It's my first time posting here so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section/forum. I'm also going to post my demo reel in the Show and Tell forum, but I wanted to see if anyone here could give me advice on internships.

Thank you in advance for any feedback guys!