Search form

BAD PENGUIN -- an animated feature

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
BAD PENGUIN -- an animated feature

British Academy Award winning animator/director, Tony White, has started a new feature-length animation - entitled Bad Penguin.

The goal: to re-energize the genre of traditional animation, and bring to the screen a new feature film, animated in the style of classic Disney/Warner Brothers films. Production of the film will also provide apprenticeship opportunities to new and promising animation talent; sorely missing since the early days of Disney.

Geared to more mature audiences, Bad Penguin is a black comedy about a blind street musician who befriends an angry, armed-to-the-teeth penguin who wishes to teach the world how it feels about Christmas. For a better grasp of the story, imagine what would happen if Bugs Bunny and Quentin Tarantino had a baby...

To raise money for this project, we are using kickstarter.com, a site that helps raise funds for artistic projects such as this. Pledges are eligible for several enticing awards: including signed and numbered posters, copies of the storyboards and original artwork from the finished piece (potential collector's items in the making.)

To get a first glimpse of the project and the artwork, please visit us at kickstarter.com.

Phil

The link Bad Penguin was broken. Here is an updated link http://kck.st/i3uepG

Ran though your video and have to say that that animated scene was funny :D
Looking forward to more updates on this project

All the best, Phil!

Cheers

Thanks, Spacemonkey. I've fixed the links in my original post (I hope).

We're hoping to entertain a lot of people, though we expect to piss some of them off. I recently spoke with a H-wood producer who read the Bad Penguin script. He enjoyed it, but thinks it will be an uphill battle. Adult animations just aren't so popular. Still, I'm a big fan of movies like Heavy Metal, The Illusionist and Watership Down...

And I think it's time to return cartoons to those who deserve them: the adults.

Phil