Search form

Oct 11 second club

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oct 11 second club

The rough blocking and timing pass in Flash for my entry into this months 11 Second Club. I'll be animating in Maya, but this was just a quick way to rough out my ideas and poses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFrPhVvYo_Q&feature=player_embedded

C&C always welcome.

Mahalo,
the Ape

Animated Ape's picture

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

I am concerned about the cut but I need to see more. I have tried to follow the development of other contestants but they are hard to find. Are you posting your work on their forum also, if so, then where.

animated ape your finally moving into 3d. welcome, I look forward to seeing how much 2d you can get into your 3d

After spending some time thinking about it, I think I have come constructive comments. At the point in the scene where you cut to a face shot of the blue character, the red character should move behind the blue. Then lean in to the ear for the final words.

animated ape when are you going to post something. Im curious to see what you can do with 3d and how you handle the technical aspect. which is something you dont have to deal with when drawing.

Blocking pass in Maya:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf7rOld7Ldc

I'll slow down the camera moves in the next pass.

C&C welcome.

Mahalo,
the Ape

Blocking plus pass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SgJF65uFw0

Mahalo,
the Ape

That cut is still a little wonky. Yes, everyone's been getting on my case about it breaking the 180 rule. It isn't breaking it, but I think it being a cut on action, still in the blocking stage it's a bit jarring. I don't think that both shots are almost the same distance away is helping the matter either. I'll see if I cam frame out more on the first shot, then cut in to a medium two shot on the action. We'll see.

Aloha,
the Ape

Seven days left, so are you doing ok?

Yup, you're right. That cut is a little "wonky", as you put it. At one point were are looking at a side view of one of the characters, then, out of nowhere, we have a front view.

Are you planning on changing that? I know its in the block stage, but it made me kinda blink...if that makes sense.

Otherwise...kinda cool.

animationhed

Yup, you're right. That cut is a little "wonky", as you put it. At one point were are looking at a side view of one of the characters, then, out of nowhere, we have a front view.

Are you planning on changing that? I know its in the block stage, but it made me kinda blink...if that makes sense.

Otherwise...kinda cool.

Ape has already changed it and it looks really good, very smooth.

Oh. I didn't see an updated link. I clicked on the last link supplied and figured that the one Animated Ape is going to change Wontobe, no?

Am I misssing something here? :(

animationhed

the most important thing. is that the piece is interesting and enjoyable. you have that. run with it from there

Oh. I didn't see an updated link. I clicked on the last link supplied and figured that the one Animated Ape is going to change Wontobe, no?

Am I misssing something here? :(

Go back to Youtube and do a search on Animated Ape or at the top of the screen showing Ape's video is a button that list all of his videos.

Ape, so what happen with the contest?

As per usual when I try and enter the 11 second club, another project came up, so I had to shelve this one. I do want to finish it since I really liked the idea. I'm going to give this month's contest a go as well. Maybe I'm just not destined to enter this contest. We'll see.

Aloha,
the Ape