Search form

How to do slow motion effect?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to do slow motion effect?

Hi, I'am a 1st year student of animation at university and I was wondering how do you do a slow motion matrix type effect using traditional hand draw animation on paper and scanning it through a program like Toon Boom.

You do it on ones and you take a LOT of frames.

It will be a lot of work, trust me.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

You could do a similar effect with fewer drawings by using a series of cross-dissolves, but it'll look like you're using fewer drawings and using a series of cross-dissolves... :D

My approach would be to block out the motion as if it were 24 FPS - figure out how long you want it to take in slow-mo, do the math and then start inbetweening.

Also think about which parts are moving and which parts aren't. You may be able to work in layers and only animate the moving parts. Don't leave the other parts dead, though they need some "keep alive".

Another approach would be to make up a dummy in Maya, AfterEffects or Flash - or whatever you have access to -- and work out the timing that way. you can use balls or blocks to stand in for body parts.

If you have objects in the distance, make sure you account for parallax.

Azureus Rising: Proof of Concept I just watched this clip with fantastic moments of slow motion. It's 3D but might be a good reference.

Normally you add the audio track after you create the slow motion video. If you scale the audio with the video. it will sound very strange and not be understandable - more like a space alien with a hormone imbalance.
------------
Accountant Jobs
Accounting Jobs

very high pixel video camera is essential one for create real slow motion clip. any one has experience of creating real slow motion clip.

----------------------------------------

Top Ten Lists|Top10Movies|Top 10 Music