Search form

Pre-production steps

1 post / 0 new
Pre-production steps

Hi guys, please excuse and endure the intro-- I got a local studio interested in producing a 10min 2D short of mine if i have all the pre-prod work done. This being my first foray into the animated world, I'm limited in my knowledge of the process (research I've been doing myself). Following are some of the confusion/questions:

1Beat sheets, Expression charts, in-betweening, etc -- any recommendation for a dummy-safe knowledge source about a step-by-step breakdown/explanation of these and the rest of the animation production process?

2. Character design and backgrounds - do they need to be done before or after/along the storyboards?
3. it'll be a ultra limited animation -- so do i even need to get character/background designs done separately other than the storyboards?

4. The Animatic - it's like a slideshow of detailed storyboard frames with a voiceover, right?

5. Again with the animatic; to indicate significant movements/actions etc, is showing detailed sb frames for the master shots and rough in between sketches a good idea?

Oh and I humbly accept the longest question asked award