Search form

Hello :) some questions about the possibilities in animation.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello :) some questions about the possibilities in animation.

Hello everyone my name is Deneb, I'm from Mexico. I started animating using Flash when I was young, about 10 years old, then moved on to programming and web dev. when I was about 15, but recently I've started re-gaining the urge the animate again.

After long hours of thinking and debating this topic, I decided to study Animation instead of Computer Science (or Engineering). Yeah I know, two COMPLETELY different fields, but I'm passionate about both.

I decided being a self-taught programmer is way more flexible and easy than a self-taught animator (when counting in software learning, techniques, etc..). In animation I could get some real help by experiencing everything first-person and getting help from instructors and peers, I think there's much more to learn in animation within people interaction than there is in programming.
[B]
---Skip to here if you don't care about my life.. hahah[/B]

Anyways, as I still love programming (and animation too, of course!), I was wondering what possibilities are there which mix both fields together (other than game dev.)? I'm interested in any ideas, thanks! :)

No one answered :(, anyways, I did some research and found out that there are actually many uses for programming and/or scripting in the world of (3D mostly) animation (but 2D too!). So this makes me happy :)!

For those who are interested:
Flash -> Actionscript (know this already, but it's worth learning for all of you who don't know AS yet!)
Maya -> MEL (Maya's embedded scripting language)
Python -> Has various uses in the VFX and graphics world.
C++ -> Creating plugins or working with your own interactive projects.