Search form

Academy Awards

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Academy Awards

Congratulations to the all the artists and Andrew Stanton and Kunio Kato for their wins for WALL-E in the best animated feature category, and La malson en petits cubes for the best animated short, respectively.

I'm a little shocked as to why there were only three movies nominated this year. I thought there were enough entrants to have the full five nominees. Oh well, maybe next year.

Aloha,
the Ape

Animated Ape's picture

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

There were enough films released last year to have five nominees, but not all of them were submitted for consideration. Hence - only three nominees.

Congrats

I want to say congrats to the folks who received the Oscars. I have not seen the shorts yet but WALL-E was terrific..amazing acting from a robot and a really wonderful, solid story.

Anyone know where to see the nominated animated shorts?

Thanks.

I would like to know how nomination works. The persons who were nominated, they show their shorts in various contests and there, according to the judges, they decided which shorts are gone be submitted for consideration to the oscars? Anyone can apply? I´m just curious.:D

There are a couple ways a film qualifies for Oscar consideration. One is to win the top prize at film festivals that the Academy sanctions. Examples are SIGGRAPH's Electronic Theater, or Annecy. The other way to qualify is to have a three-day theatrical run in Los Angeles county for a paying audience, with the film screening twice a day. This is the route many films take. There are a couple of theater chains that will run your film for you for a small fee. It usually plays to an empty house, but it gets qualified.

One other consideration is that the film, prior to qualifying, cannot be viewable on TV or the internet. If it is, it's disqualified.

Most are available on iTunes for $2 each. You can see "Ocktapodi" at www.ocktapodi.com, and of course, "Presto" is on the "Wall-E" dvd.

I want to say congrats to the folks who received the Oscars. I have not seen the shorts yet but WALL-E was terrific..amazing acting from a robot and a really wonderful, solid story.

Anyone know where to see the nominated animated shorts?

Thanks.

Thanks DSB

Thanks DSB,

I did see Presto..I would like to see the short animated film that garnered the Oscar...please let me know if you come across it.
Thanks again.

Whoops - typo at the worst time :mad:

www.oktapodi.com

Most are available on iTunes for $2 each. You can see "Ocktapodi" at www.ocktapodi.com, and of course, "Presto" is on the "Wall-E" dvd.

Well...I hate to be negative but I though Kung FU Panda was the stronger film but I rationalize it to myself that it makes up for when Monsters Inc. lost to Shrek.