Search form

Disney Animation Archive Series

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Disney Animation Archive Series

I was in Boarders books over the weekend and came across the book "Walt Disney Animation Studios: The Artist Series: Story." That's a long title for a book.
http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-Animation-Studios-Archive/dp/1423107233
It's a beautiful looking over sized book filled entirely of story sketches. I only had a chance to quickly flip through it. Has anyone picked this book up yet?

Also on a side note, there seems to be an up swing in animation books lately. Along with this book and the usual art of books for Coraline, and Bolt, there is also the book by Eric Goldberg and another by Don Hann. I also saw a couple other animation books that I haven't seen before as well as several storyboarding for animation books.

It looks like there is a renewed interest and passion for our craft. Beloved veterans passing on their knowledge and love to the next generation of artist and story tellers is always a good thing. I even saw several copies of the Illusion of Life on the shelves, which I haven't seen in a long time.

Right now is a great time to learn animation. There is such a wealth of knowledge out there for artists to read and learn from. Books, internet and schools. Cheap and easy animation software as well as websites like our very own AWN to showcase and get feedback on your animation. If you want to learn animation, there is really no excuse any more.

So what are you waiting for? Go out an animate!

Aloha,
the Ape

Animated Ape's picture

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Yes it's a good time for animation books. Ape do you know how "The Artist Series: Story" compares to "Paper Dreams" and "Before the Animation Begins" by John Canemaker? Does it duplicate the illustrations and content?

Thanks,
Claire.

Visit my website:

Claire O'Brien.com

Speaking of animation books, what was the name of that animation effects book that is coming out and when is it coming out?

Paper Dreams and Before the Animation Begins both had text. The Artist Series: Story, from what I saw flipping through it was entirely photos. There was a fore word but the rest of the book looked to be exclusively photos. As for duplicate images, I'm not sure. I'm sure there are a few duplicates, but due to the large format of "Story," I think these images will be the best reproduced versions.

Yeah, I want to get that effects animation book too.

Aloha,
the Ape

Here we go,
Elemental Magic, by Joe Gilland
http://www.joegilland.com/elementalmagic.html

Aloha,
the Ape

Thanks Ape and thanks for the heads up on the efffects book

Visit my website:

Claire O'Brien.com