Search form

Lost Boys Learning - School of Visual Effects

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lost Boys Learning - School of Visual Effects

Our fourth class is now underway and I have some news to share.

I'm happy to announce an unprecedented 94% student placement rate of Lost Boys Learning graduates over our first three intakes, with students working in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Toronto, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Diego, on features and television projects including The Hulk, Changeling, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, Lost Boys 2: The Tribe, Sanctuary, Tin Man, Heroes, My Own Worst Enemy and more.

This summer we officially achieved Accreditation status, and with our focus on photo-realistic 3D and compositing for film and television, we are now North America's only dedicated accredited visual effects school.

We're starting a new intake format in January, with the future potential of three intakes annually (Sept., January and May) and even smaller class sizes. (6 and under.) There are seats available for the VFX Diploma program starting January 5, 2009, and we're also interested to hear from you if a May 2009 intake would be in demand. The September 2009 intake will run as usual. The cost of the program remains at $22,500 CDN. The program length has been extended to 46 weeks comprised of three terms, with 2-week breaks in-between terms.

I'd like to welcome our current class - Danny An from Korea, Clifford Green from London, England, Daniel Jackson from Washington, DC, John Lipskie from Barrie, Ontario, and Monica Rodriguez from Mexico City - a great mix of talent and personalities. Keep an eye out for their posts in the forums - feedback is always appreciated.

Along with Autodesk MAYA, this year we've introduced The Foundry's NUKE compositing software, keeping up with industry demands for node-based compositing, NUKE gives us a great set of features to play with for live-action effects and 3D integration.

Our first guest artist this term was Eric Petey, a seasoned VFX artist with credits such as Transformers, Speed Racer, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, King Kong, I, Robot and Die Another Day. A rigger and character animator, Eric shared his personal stories and talked to the students about working environments at different types of companies, such as including Digital Domain, Weta Digital, Cinesite, Double Negative and more. He recently directed his first independent feature and is now in post-production.

I'm proud to announce that we received a New Media Finalist Award at the MISTIC Awards held in Nanaimo last week. MISTIC is a Vancouver Island association that promotes and celebrates excellence in Science, Technology and Innovation.

Remember, we're doing a special intake in January 2009, which is only 8 weeks away! Please feel to call or email for further information.

Cheers,

Mark

Nice

you have nice experiences