Search form

30 second political ad for Australian competition

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
30 second political ad for Australian competition

This may not mean much to those of you outside Australia politically, but you should still get a kick out of the basic flash animation. I had to encode it as DivX for a competition.. sorry about the crunchiness!

http://www.ozin30seconds.org/video/danimations/who-are-you-voting

GetUp! is political activism organisation that's pretty big in Australia, and they are running a comp to choose an ad to run on prime time TV before the federal election this year. both major parties are alarmingly similar in many way, but the green party is a little more promising. Enjoy!

dagman's picture
Website: danimations Videos: vimeo | youtube Blog: creativity base

Videos: vimeo | youtube
Blog: creativity base

Looks like it didn't take much effort, but it was a cool idea, It would be cool if the boxes like turned into characters and started fighting or maybe boxing.:p

yeah, it was 2 1/2 days from start to finish. my original idea was to have the boxes morph into characters and start beating each other up... funny you should think the same way ;) thanks for the feedback!

That was interesting, simple and it made its point quickly. I love that clock, we should all have a clock like that. I am quessing but did you spend a week putting this clip togeather

2 and a 1/2 days. all done in flash... the competition stipulated that the clip had to be 27 secs long, with a 3 second authorization note at the end. voting will open on the contest tomorrow, so if you like it enough to vote for it, i'd be much obliged! i think mine's the only flash animation.. there are a couple of 3d ones and some crude stop motion... most people took slideshow/narration or live action approaches. :cool:

some important background: voting is compulsory for all australian citizens. if you don't vote, you get a fine... so characters like 'Russell' really exist.