Search form

Why?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Why?

Why are even web productions now produced in QT or WM. Hardly anyone ever posts a web friendly swf anymore. I see so many questions by new animators as to how to produce their work for TV, before most of it is even worthy of a paper flipbook. Do they really feel they are going to to hit the big time first time out with their stickman or cut out animations?

I'd give anything to see a few really good amateur swfs right now. I am personally tired of the over After Effected dribble that passes for reels these days. And I spend more time over in show and tell then most of you. I see the same models, the same stories...where's the fresh outlook?

phacker's picture
Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

Personally, I prefer QT because it's a) more common and b) because swf files are notoriously dependent on machine hardware for reliable playback, whereas QTs are generally only reliant on download speed.

There is something to your argument, but since many work in Flash for their orignal work why not post sample swfs. I am not saying publish your final work in Flash, but for critiquing purposes why the complete refusal to post Flash/swf format? Of course if you rely on AE to dress up your production it would lose something. But I've grown accustomed to the usual AE effects, so they don't add much for me.