Search form

Taking SWF to DVD

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Taking SWF to DVD

Perhaps it was discussed here before but I don't remember but I wish to take swf (ecards) and convert them for DVD (demoreel). They are ones I worked on but the swf has the final sounds, that's why.
ANyone use any such program?
What do you recommend?
What about aspect size, say if 400 x 550? How will that convert? Likewise frame rate; some are 10, 12, 15 fps for the web.
Movie clips? Can such a program convert the movie clips so they don't appear held?

So I'd really appreciate responses and recommends from those who have used such software.

Thanks in advance.

swf to DVD

I recently delved into this..i found the best free one is made by 'ADshareit' for swf to dvd.

That was the best one .. i tried a few but even that isn't perfect. It was an organic process..the sound on mine wasn't automatically synched. This is something to do with the way it renders pictures and audio at different rates.

I had to do it by manually (which it allows you to do) but it does do the trick and gives you (an overdose) of choices of format..ntsc and pal etc...and choice of dimensions but (I think!) it does need to be in formal tv standards..16:9 etc

But if anyone else knows a better one I'd be interested to hear too.

Bon Chance!

o, I forgot....yes - movie clips are played as you see them in the published swf and not frozen...and you have a choice of frame rate.

it's coming back to me now...the sound track is somewhat tricky to get right..I had to move sound effects around in my .fla to synch right when it rendered.

If you've just got a music background you will be cool..just can push the audio back or forth to fit.

furthermore !

hypnotic_frog said

"
By the way RTP if u want watching ur flash on DVD u need convert it to someone video format. For example avi or mpeg.
I heard that last version of flash convert to video. But quality is awful (

Personally I use flash to video converter. Check this out if you need it:

http://www.geovid.com/Flash_to_Video_Encoder

"

might check this out myself

Thanks, Ivan.
I will try your first suggestion as it says on the site that it can convert my unusual frame rates as long as it's into AVIs.

Ok. SO far here is my verdict.
Geovid is superior than adshareit's swf to dvd. With the latter I got sound latency (out of sync) problems as if it was importing audio files successively without the frame spacing between them. Geo vid I have been trying the last hour and is working like a dream.
Again the reason I need this is for the first couple years I used flash I didn't dream (or didn't know) flash would/could be for broadcast AND I thought one had to use Movie clips for any symbol that moved. TO go back to all those files to change stuff...well I don't have the time. Secondly there were ecards in which I designed, animated and directed for the web in which the studio in question added audio after I submitted my fla...so I didn't have those sound files.
So far so good.
Now to buy some dvd authoring software and see how stuff looks.
Thanks for your help.

nice one graphiteman...im gonna give that a go too

cheers for the homework..much appreciated..I guess hypnotic frog was right all along

ivan
(surrey, england)

furthermore !

hypnotic_frog said

"
By the way RTP if u want watching ur flash on DVD u need convert it to someone video format. For example avi or mpeg.
I heard that last version of flash convert to video. But quality is awful (

Personally I use flash to video converter. Check this out if you need it:

http://www.geovid.com/Flash_to_Video_Encoder

"

might check this out myself

Wow I was quoted! :D Cool!

By the way I really like "Flash to Video Encoder PRO" at geovid. But it's only words... Need to try. Good luck! ;)

Keep clear!

try Sothink Flash Video Encoder or
Wondershare Video to Flash Encoder (little people know this)

good luck.