Search form

What's the best computer for 3D?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
What's the best computer for 3D?

Hello all,
I know there's alot of options out there as far as different brands and hardware, operating systems to use for 3d software. I am curious what is recommended. For instance, if using Maya or 3d studio max, I already know basic specs like you need at least a 1GB Ram....but what about operating systems? Is Linux any better than windows or vice versa? I would just like to get the best options, my goal is to have a computer capable of the full effects of rendering and animation...using not only 3d software but photoshop, illustrator, after effects, etc. Are there any brands or systems I should NOT get at all? Please help! I'd like to purchase or build a computer soon so I can start practicing my skills, so I dont want to make a purchasing mistake. And thank you all for your time and advice!

~LadyJen

Depends on your software choices. I'd suggest going to cgTalk.com, selecting the forum of the software you plan on using and doing some hardware searches. THere's also a thread there called hardware for general information...

David