Search form

Animated Panoramic Background Pricing 2D

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Animated Panoramic Background Pricing 2D

How much would a quality 2D panoramic background animated for one second set a person back? By my calculations a 90 degree field of view results in four times the screen width (360 degrees total). The animation is going to amount to things like birds, smoke, cloud movement, sunrise/sunset, etc. Nothing especially busy.

1 second @ 12 frames per second, animated panoramic backdrop
208 color, indexed (no more than 208 colors a frame)
4096 by 768 pixels

A budget panoramic background?

1 second @ 12 frames per second, animated panoramic backdrop
Full color (208 indexed is better, but many people don't understand it =)
1024 by 192 pixels (if smaller matters)

-Brendan Sechter

EDIT: 30 seconds might be a more reasonable query.

hello

Do you want inflash or in Photosop??? Please let me know in details

bikram@elecomtoon.com

Kind Regards,
Bikram

Sorry for possibly sounding brash, but I wouldn't expect any reasonable resonse to this. An animated background says little. And a 380degree pan in 30 seconds - basically a blur.
I wouldn't calculate something like this until I was provided a break-down of modules. Not everything will be animated, and many things can be animated in loops of various length. So what do you have? Water? Birds? Trees waving in the wind? Break down what you want into a number of modules: item x, Nr. frames / size / etc. Then you can request an estimate and receive something that has a chance of being realistic.

Sorry for possibly sounding brash, but I wouldn't expect any reasonable resonse to this.

I sort of expected that. Thanks for speaking up.

An animated background says little. And a 380degree pan in 30 seconds - basically a blur.

A panoramic background does not really have anything to do with panning. It is essentially a giant circular image- or animation in this case.

Note that the far right and far left are both marked north. The image should be seamless. The field of view indicates how much of the image is on the screen at once. The entire image is 360 degrees, or a complete circle. This image has a 90 degree field of view; it is four screens wide. (A normal human has roughly a 120 degree field of view, but you'd need a wide screen TV to present that properly.)

Not everything will be animated,

Given that this is going to be a giant circular stock background, everything needs to be animated. I'll handle panning myself. Only one forth of the animation will be on screen at once. (Unless you feel like using 3 wide screen TVs to view the whole thing. That would be neat. =)

and many things can be animated in loops of various length.

There are essentially a bunch animations that must link- day, day to night transition, night and night to day transition. (Image reproduced below for reference.)

Common to all:
The clouds at the bottom are static.

Day (12 seconds):
Bird - one second looped animation. Moves in a straight line.
Cloudform - extra static cloudforms that move in a straight line.
The sun is offscreen. 30 birds are scattered across the sky,
15 moving left and 15 moving right. 10 cloudforms are scattered
across the sky, 5 moving left and 5 moving right. (Birds move
southeast, clouds move north.)

Day to night transition, Sunset (4 seconds, links day to moonrise):
In the west, the sun moves from the top of the screen down
through the clouds. As this happens the clouds and birds fade
out.

Day to night transition, Moonrise (4 seconds, links sunset to night):
In the east, the moon rises from under the clouds and
moves off the screen. As the moon rises, the stars fade in.

Night A (1 second loop, links with night A or night B):
Twinkle star: 1 second loop.
Many stars twinkle.

Night B (1 second loop, links with night A or night B):
Shooting star: 1 second from appearance to fade out.
Stars twinkle as in A. Four shooting stars.

Night to day transition, moonset (4 seconds, links night to sunrise):
Moon sets in the west. At the same time the stars fade out.

Night to day transition, sunrise (4 seconds, links moonset to day):
Sun rises in the east. At the same time the birds and clouds fade in.

Clearly the timing is kind of goofy. The whole animation really needs to have a fair bit more thought put into it. Hopefully there is enough information to make a rough guesstimate.

-Brendan Sechter

Definitely a lot more to work off!
Hope you get some credible quotes. Sounds like an animation for an exhibition display. I've worked on a couple of dome-format (planetarium) pieces - whole different world of considerations and budgeting. All the best!

David

EDIT: In response to Bikram Naskar...

How much experience do you have with animated panoramic backgrounds? I can't imagine that they are a common request.

Ideally I'm looking for a series of 208-color indexed-palette images in either BMP or PNG format (or some other lossless format). Flash is not really acceptable. (I'd have to take screenshots and then reduce the palette to 208 colors. It would be a mess.)

I'm actually just looking for a price estimate at the moment. I'll post a formal job notice after I figure out how many backgrounds I need and how long they need to be animated for.

-Brendan Sechter

EDIT: In response to Bikram Naskar...

How much experience do you have with animated panoramic backgrounds? I can't imagine that they are a common request.

Ideally I'm looking for a series of 208-color indexed-palette images in either BMP or PNG format (or some other lossless format). Flash is not really acceptable. (I'd have to take screenshots and then reduce the palette to 208 colors. It would be a mess.)

I'm actually just looking for a price estimate at the moment. I'll post a formal job notice after I figure out how many backgrounds I need and how long they need to be animated for.

-Brendan Sechter

Dear Mr. Sechter,

It can be done with the Spin Panorama software. I have very good Manual and Digital Artist who can create the BG for you.

I would like to have some sample from you, so that I can understand what kind of BG you are looking for or if you can send me a Sketch of the BG.

Regards,
Bikram Naskar

bikram@elecomtoon.com