Search form

Big $ aproached me, I need help with "what to ask for" RE series sale and rates

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Big $ aproached me, I need help with "what to ask for" RE series sale and rates

Hi peeps. Looks like I have a shot at something “big” here so I need advice.

Someone whom claims to be a rep (and more) for a major developing prodco has approached me during an industry event, wants to see samples but I'm also sending in a full treatment/character designs/bible/you know the drill, the “whole package” for a series (and yes it's been formally reg'd with the WGA and more). The treatment and art have already been at a different Oscar winning prodco anyway, and this rep knows that (and has likely verified it).

If he's telling HALF the truth RE their current budget, I have the freedom to negotiate and “shoot for the stars to maybe hit the moon” RE selling the rights to this series. Now, I now minimums, but I don't know what's halfway between mins for this, and what $ figures would be above “mid figures”. In screenwriting I know that, in “walk a way” $ for an animated series, I do not, and that's what I'm asking you about now.

Things to consider: I have, from the OUTSET, built a sh-tload of ancillary into this including but not limited to games, toys, apparel, trading cards and far more. I'm not saying this could be a monster of a cash cow with built in core-audiences, but if THEY think it is, I'd like to know some $ figures and contractual parameters (including ancillary/back end and residuals and syndication payouts), before I have to speak with this rep and his people RE “what I'd say yes to”. If he's not lying they have already received millions to pay out in order to recoup far many more mil's in profit and markets. Going after hundreds of millions and far more.

If they smell a “monster cash cow” like The Incredibles”, please help me out in knowing what I should ask for without screwing the deal. Feel free to answer me privately, in this thread, whatever, but my time is limited, I must send some stuff almost IMMEDIATELY.

I mean, to put things simply, imagine you are in MY position, and you know EXACTLY what the “big money” for selling all the rights or some rights plus ancillary would be. What would YOU ask for , what would you say yes to, what would you say “no” to?

All help in this regard VASTLY appreciated, especially from those whom have worked for Disney or Pixar or Dreamworks and “know”.

Also, IF I use this to merely apply for storyboarding/character design/prop design, what are the BEST rates to ask for, please?

Very Best Regards,

LovesClassics

LoveClassics's picture
[I]I'll work 10 hours a day for $350. Andreas does the photoshop posters for Paramount, gets $700 per day at 7 hours plus an hour off for lunch. You do the math as to which is a better deal.[/I]

[I]I'll work 10 hours a day for $350.

Andreas does the photoshop posters for Paramount, gets $700 per day at 7 hours plus an hour off for lunch.

You do the math as to which is a better deal.[/I]

if you smell something big you would want to ask for % of gross sales and revenues.

if your not sure and you would want cash then you say i want cash X to + %