Search form

alter designs!!!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
alter designs!!!

Is it ok to copy a characters design from lets say a TV Show character (anime) but alter the appearence e,g hair, clothes;)

echi's picture
Message By Echi Echi :D :) :) :cool: Visit My new album website My Gallery of My Characters, My Toons, My Life

Message By Echi Echi :D :) :) :cool:

Visit My new album website

My Gallery of My Characters, My Toons, My Life

The short answer always is, don't copy copyrighted material. I'm sure there are loopholes but the headache really isn't worth the trouble. Steer clear.

The short answer always is, don't copy copyrighted material. I'm sure there are loopholes but the headache really isn't worth the trouble. Steer clear.

Yep...what he said. and to add if you happen to like a particular style and or period of drawing collect as many images from that period as you can put them all in a folder and scan them into the drawing side of your brain, eventually you'll come up with a better idea for a toon that could have come from the same time period or show...

Oban Star Racers

i'm a fan of the way Oban Star Racers and how there characters are made. their heads are all in the shape of a diamond which i think would be easy 2 draw and to create multiple characters from. :D

Message By Echi Echi :D :) :) :cool:

Visit My new album website

My Gallery of My Characters, My Toons, My Life

I haven't seen the show, but from the stills I saw in a Google search it looks like typical anime from that genre. There's nothing dramatically different about it, in other words. If you like the style and can put your own spin on it, I think you're probably O.K. You should never use someone else's character in your own work without permission, but using a style as inspiration is a time-honored artistic tradition.

Some of the stills looked like they might be toon-shaded CG - is that the case?