Search form

What programs to use?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
What programs to use?

Well ive been slowly working on some cartoon ideas and wanted to know what programs everyone uses. I will be using Flash, After Effects, and Photoshop. And what audio editing programs/microphones does everyone use, I want to make the best possible toons I can, theres already enough bad one out there,

For some people those "bad ones" are what they thought was their "best possible." ;)

I get pretty far with Audacity and my Labtec mic from Best Buy, for a total of free + 10 dollars, respectively. No complaints so far from anyone.

Why don't you try Adobe Audition ... U could even buy the Adobe Video Suite which has After Effects , Photoshop, Premiere Pro , Encore and Audition in it. And the best part is that interoperability is supported in each of these softwares
ie. U can easily send data from AE to PS and get back in AE.
Hope it heps u ...

Abhinav

Check out Acid. Not the drug, the program. This is a music creation program with which you take short pre-recorded royalty-free loops and mix them together into original compositions. You can plug in microphones or musical instruments and mix it all together with the loops. It's the number one greatest soundtrack-creation program I've ever encountered. I'm not a musician, but this program makes it simple to compose genuinely original soundtracks with no musical knowledge, just a feel for it.

They have a free version which never expires, but of course has limited capabilities. Their Acid Music Studio is less than $70. I've used Acid to make soundtracks for over 200 short Flash animations. It's easy to get addicted to using this program. I've gotten so hooked on playing with it, that I often feel that the soundtrack composition is more enjoyable than the animation itself.

Check it out here:

Acid software

Download the free version here:

Acid XPress

Another great audio editing program is Goldwave. They also have a multitrack mixer called Multiquence.

www.goldwave.com

I vote for Goldwave as well, I have CoolEdit Pro and use it from time to time, but I always go back to Goldwave.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

Thanks for the help.

I will be using Flash, After Effects, and Photoshop.

Maybe you should try TVPaint Animation : if you want to make animation, it replace easily those three programs and the price is not so high (because there is only one software instead of three). Look at www.tvpaint.com for more infos demos and tutorials. It allows to add an audio track to your animations layers too ...

For audio only (record, mix, etc ...), I think CoolEditPro is one of the best.