Search form

'The Spirit Child' by Elinor Geller, please watch!

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
'The Spirit Child' by Elinor Geller, please watch!

Hello,

I made 'The Spirit Child' in the final year of my animation degree at the Southampton Solent University. Please watch and let me know what you think!

http://www.myspace.com/thespiritchild

or

http://one.revver.com/watch/65573/format/flv/affiliate/0

If you can please head to www.slamdance.com/anarchy and vote for it there!

Thanks so much!

The*Spirit*Child's picture
Enter into a world of light.... 'The Spirit Child'...www.myspace.com/thespiritchild

Enter into a world of light....
'The Spirit Child'...www.myspace.com/thespiritchild

What a wonderful animation. I like the story, and I don't think you could ask for a better narrator to go along with it. The loose but clean illustration style you have used fits the concept behind the animation... it gives it an ethereal quality. Animation with heart always gets my attention.

One suggestion that I have for it, (while it is may seem a bit trivial) is to change the gradient circles that have the clean glow effect applied to some hand drawn spirit specks. The perfect circles with their gradient glows just don't fit in my opinion.

I think you will be very successful in your animation career.

Thanks for sharing!

What a great film!
Was it all hand drawn? It looked like it. I really can't find anything to critizize.
You should see if you can enter it in some more film festivals. I think you really could win something :D
James :cool:

Beautiful work. I second the emotion. No question your work could win some prizes. Great narration, animation and presentation.

wow thanks so much!!!

I have entered into lots of festivals actually, just need to wait to hear now. At the moment the film is on www.fylmz.com, where people vote, comment on films, and the best get through to the festival, win a prize etc.

Its on www.slamdance.com/anarchy for October, in competition with 2 other films so it needs votes to win.

Its going to be in the WT Os International Film festival in NOrway.
Screened in the ZEBRA film poetry award in Berlin.
And its going to be in the Spirit of Humanity festival in New Orleans.

I've had a few rejections so far but I'm pretty hopeful, a lot I wont hear from till middle of next year.
So wish me luck!
thanks for the lovely comments, I'm really amazed!
:)

Excellent, beautiful work and sentiment!!!

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

Hey phacker, thanks!

Don't know if you remember me but I was on here as 'goldenwinged' for years, think you responded to a few of my posts ages ago when I was just getting started!

anyway wohhoo I finally made a film! haha

thanks for the lovely compliment!

Heart warming! Inspirational! I noticed that the story author's name was left out of the credits. No doubt an accomplished writer with many stories/books/novels/poems to his/her credit.

First rate! Don't let the festival rejections let you down, you will have many acceptances too. Aim for children's festivals especially. Make more soon.

Alan

Get some "Good Advice" at http://www.decksawash.net

I noticed that the story author's name was left out of the credits. No doubt an accomplished writer with many stories/books/novels/poems to his/her credit.

Haha wow I wish I was an accomplished writer!!! I wrote it, did everything apart from saying the narration myself , instead done perfectly by Franklin Ojeda Smith, and the music and sound was all done by my brother Avi Geller!

wow thanks very much for the lovely comments!!!

Ill add any news of acceptances to this post, but if you are on myspace add me!
Oh and if you have the spare time please vote for the film at www.slamdance.com (sorry if I'm repeating that!)

Thanks!

Great story. You should check into writing for kids and teenagers. Heck, this story can easily be refashioned for a more mature audience.

Yes thats exactly what I am doing, looking into childrens' first. so watch this space! :)

I tried to comment to you through MySpace, but it didn't do anything when I hit submit. I hate MySpace somtimes. I was just saying that I LOVE this film. I think it is so sincere and charming. As everyone has said the story is great, and I love that you were able to work your rough animation into a finished style without much clean-up. I love the sketchy look of it. I liked the music as well. You are very talented.

Hi, thanks so much, thats exactly what I intended, I wanted that sketchy look to symbolise the spirit, the 'spirit' of an drawn/animated character. Yeah myspace sometimes has its errors.

I just joined deviantart too http://the-spirit-child.deviantart.com/

Im really getting overwhelmed by the brilliant things people have said to me!:o

you shouldn't be overwhelmed.... you should know that they are honest and you deserve all the compliments!

No, Brilliant is not what people say about you. You're the BRILLIANT one!

Dear Ms. Geller:

If you haven't already,check out the Disney Submissions link topic at The Animation Cafe.

Lighting was wonderful! Is this your first project?

D

Nogga News Cartoon

vote for me if you can!

Thanks Zabrisa!

Hey bigdoug! Yes it is my first fully fledged work, only other film would be short project from my second year in uni.

Tomorow the 30th of October is the final day my film is on Slamdance's online competition Anarchy!

Pleeeeeeeeeeease sign up free and vote for my film if you enjoyed it, every vote counts!

go to www.slamdance.com/anarchy sign up is free, you get a password emailed to you then just select your favourite from 3 films.

and HAPPY HALLOWEEN! (I don't really get to celebrate it but its just so fun drawin costumes!) check out the pic!

Thanks!
Elinor