Search form

Paris Airport animation

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paris Airport animation

Here is an animation I have just finished for Paris Airport, it's going to be broadcasted on the screens of all airports in Paris, it's about security.
http://www.carolineattia.com/adp

I was wondering if your guys could see the animation corectly, because I had several reports where people didn't manage the movie, and on the other hand, some didn't had any trouble. I am trying to solve this mystery...

I had to go to a highspeed connection but it ran well, that is what I saw of it. I did not have the time to look at the whole piece but I am sure it held up to the end.

At my home I am dialup and I notices that if the play button is hit twice, the plug-in cancelled. Nice work, I really like that style, when it is done well. :D

I had to push play several times to make it work (or it was downloading and I'm impatient). Anyway the style was indeed very nice and I think I understood all the symbols. Good job.

Alan

Get some "Good Advice" at http://www.decksawash.net

yeah I had to push play too...didnt start automatically for me... cool stylization tho...kinda "shag"-esque. :D

I've come here to do two things: chew bubblegum and kick ass...and im all out of bubblegum. :mad:
http://lastplacecomics.com

Ok, yeah I guess I should have a script starting the animation when the windows opens.
I have added a loading barre.

What does shag-esque means?

I really enjoy your retro style and colors.

A few little suggestions and questions though:

First off, I think maybe the placement of the hand should be moved just slightly. This figure stays on the screen throughout the whole production, I think you can see that the finger placement causes some gender confusion.

My second question would be on the colored scrollbar to the far right which seems to be inoperable, but present. And also the placement and background color of this loaded swf. Maybe use transparent or a black background, and it doesn't seem to be aligned to the section next to it.

This just demonstrates my confusion on your loading placement. Maybe it's what you were really trying to do, but I am confused as to why.

Again placement of loaded swf, and just a visual demonstration as to the effectiveness of your loading bar. It's just there with no explanation as to what it is.

I do like your animation and characters, just worried about how you are presenting them.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

Like your animation

Greetings-
This is my first time posting anything on here-
WAs wondering (I'm flash Ignorant) How you got it to look like shadow puppets with hinged limbs? I really liked that effect.

Thanks

Actually John, that's what Flash does easiest, and it's the most criticised for around here. But it very effective for this sort of presentation.

Well phacker, thanks for your comments on the webdesign, I'll try to keep them in mind.
The animation was done in After effect and not in flash, as I find it more easy to animate puppet with after effect with all the parenting staff.
In flash you end up with so many clips, and as the character are not vectoriel, for me it was more simple as it was to be broadcasted on screens anyway and not on the web.

So are you happy with that white background in image 2?

Well phacker, thanks for your comments on the webdesign, I'll try to keep them in mind.
The animation was done in After effect and not in flash, as I find it more easy to animate puppet with after effect with all the parenting staff.
In flash you end up with so many clips, and as the character are not vectoriel, for me it was more simple as it was to be broadcasted on screens anyway and not on the web.

I don't understand why they couldn't be created in vector. They have a vector look to them, but I guess you are more comfortable with AE. Why not post a link to the AVI/MPG or MOV format. Since you didn't originally produce it in Flash, why post the Flash for viewing? I'd like to see what is being shown on the airport screens.