Search form

Best animation colleges, schools, institutes etc in India

51 posts / 0 new
Last post
Best animation colleges, schools, institutes etc in India

hey u animation freaks, plz can u let me know the best colleges etc in this field in India and other details ie paid internship or not etc

hey u animation freaks, plz can u let me know the best colleges etc in this field in India and other details ie paid internship or not etc

i am also searching, if u know please e mail me

Hi Aditi

You have an appropriate background to go in for a full animation curriculum like DAE from Arena, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hyderabad, or Mumbai, or similar curriculum from Toonz Trivandrum, or from Toonz Webel, Kolkata. I am not sure if any other training institute offer a similar course covering both traditional and advanced in a single curriculum.

kindly tell me the address of chandigarh institute

Hi !

In India there are many institutions offering Courses in Animation

Some of them offering UG programmes are :

NID, Ahmedabad (a Graduate Diploma)
ICAT, Chennai (a BA Degree)
IID, Pune (a Graduate Diplome)
Creative-i-College, Pune (a BFA Degree)
IIT, Gowhati (a B.Des Degree)

Some of them offering PG programmes are :

NID, Ahmedabad
ICAT, Chennai
IID, Pune
IIT, Mumbai
MAAC, Mumbai

etc.

Give me your educational qualifications and your exact intrests so that i can try to guide you correctly

feel free to ask any questions!!

All the Best!!

myself siddhant, m from chandigarh n hav just ended with my boards exams.. n i want to chose game development as a carrer, i hav gained knowledge that the only 2 ways to get to do that is either by goin good as a software developer or else goin in for animation.... so i wanted to know which courses apply for me, which the best coll. for it n where do i start after my +2, which forms i fil up where do i show up n wen does the session start n also wat is seen in a animator. also m doin non-med in +2 so wud that help in any sense......plz reply asap

hi,
i am aditi mitra..i am doing my graduation at present..this is my final year..i have completed a 4 year course in fine arts and am very much interested in animation..please guide me and give me information about different animation pg-courses in india..plz send me the admission procedure,fees structure ,etc.

Hi Aditi

You have an appropriate background to go in for a full animation curriculum like DAE from Arena, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hyderabad, or Mumbai, or similar curriculum from Toonz Trivandrum, or from Toonz Webel, Kolkata. I am not sure if any other training institute offer a similar course covering both traditional and advanced in a single curriculum.

http://www.3danimationtrainingstudio.com

I still have not told my story! - Vineet Raj Kapoor

hey mann i do want to do high end animation career but ya for now its starting and money restriction r there.
Besides i wanted tyo b in mumbai as i came from UP(north) all the way here just for the course. so tell if u have somthin here. or may b i can start wth this course and later after few years enhance my skills..... i can even go over to game development as im goood wth programming, logic building

actually i heard thr r wide options in animation whch im not aware of. plz let me know tht. i just know i want to b an animator, even programming - scripting. i need to make a start

Hi Rubens

Sorry I was out for a while and couldn't get back to your question for me.

I am happy to see that you went all the way to mumbai to learn animation. That shows your strong desire. Though you have indicated that you want to get into animation whether it me programming, I would advise you that you should take to either programming route (to games etc) or the design route. For the design route if you take up a complete course, it'd be better than taking up a single software or module, since you'd be basing an entire career on this. Though you indicated that you'd like to return and learn more, I think it is not advisable as once you're into a career it is tough to find time to learn. It'd be best if you can finish your learning and then get into your career. you can go in for a full animation curriculum like DAE from Arena, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hyderabad, or Mumbai, or similar curriculum from Toonz Trivandrum, or from Toonz Webel, Kolkata. I am not sure if any other training institute offer a similar course covering both traditional and advanced in a single curriculum.

Hey raven this is Rubens currently in Mumbai
I have completed my Btech computer science this year and have a burning passion for animation. have enquired a lot for courses but need some guidance as to which course to persue.
Shud i do just a maya course or a complete Proffesional diploma offered by MAAC mumbai?
also tell if there is a better option than this.

Well you should go for a complete course. If you are not ready to move out of Mumbai you can choose whatever course that seems easiest to join or is near your house. However, if you're serious about your career, do go for a course that teaches you the complete concepts of animation even before you touch a software. If you're keen to just join production, you can do any software course like the ones you mentioned, since most of the people who join animation go into the production department which doesn't require high visualization skills/ animation training.

Hope this information is of help to you. Do let me know if I can be of further help to you!

Help ppl...!!!

Hello Ppl...
Im doin my 3rd Yr BE- Comp. Sci. in chennai.. i have lot of passion for Animation and Art.. and wishing to pursue a carrier in it..!! Im having an idea of getting into the Top Animation Colleges in the World.. but before that i have to get my portfolio ready..!! :D Here comes the problem.. What must be the basic course that i shuld study to get into those colleges?? Shuld i do courses like AD3D from MAAC institute.. or wuld it be enough that i do short term courses like Omega Maya or Compositing&3D in MAAC..??? And as im in 3rd yr.. i shuld plan and get into action immediately, so that i can apply for the colleges abroad as soon as i finish my final year..!! Please Guys.. im really in a big confusion.. help me out....!!! :confused: Thnx....;)

kindly tell the full address of DAE from Arena, Chandigarh, hopi

Hi Aditi

kindly tell the full address of DAE from Arena, Chandigarh, hoping for a early reply.

I have completed my Btech computer science this year and have a burning passion for animation. have enquired a lot for courses but need some guidance as to which course to persue.
Shud i do just a maya course or a complete Proffesional diploma offered by MAAC mumbai?

I would suggest that if you have 1 year with you then you should go for a course which contains animation basics (as mentioned in my postings above and elsewhere). I know that both Toonz and Arena (DAE-3D) have one year courses with Animation Principles included.

Let me know if this information was useful or you need more..

Studio Experience vs Formal Training

A studio experience would give you good exposure unmatched by an training, however, be sure that you are only going to learn tools specific to the task and hence would not be effective in a changed scenario. On-the-job training is effective and useful only to the company giving it when you continue to work there. Since such training makes you useless to other studios it is a great retention tool to mention that "we train you better than your institute" or the standard "you did not learn anything at your institute".

The purpose of formal training is not to make you an expert at an unknown job which would be assigned to you later on in your career at a studio, but to make your basics strong enough so that you can pick up the nuances of any job within quicktime as well as have the courage to help improve the overall process while doing the project.

Gimme your number

You are in Chandigarh?

Well gimme your number. I can help you here..

hiii plz help

hello guys this is killer... i am at present doin bcom in kolkata but i seriously feel that i should go for animation coz i think commerse is not for me and i love art.... actually when i was out from 12 i was not so focused and did what ever my parents told me to do...... so plz can u help me ... i want to know wheter it would be ok to go for a pg course after b com or again do a 3 years graduation course and i also wana know which place to do it from...... plz help

hello guys this is killer... i am at present doin bcom in kolkata but i seriously feel that i should go for animation coz i think commerse is not for me and i love art.... actually when i was out from 12 i was not so focused and did what ever my parents told me to do...... so plz can u help me ... i want to know wheter it would be ok to go for a pg course after b com or again do a 3 years graduation course and i also wana know which place to do it from...... plz help

You would usually require a 2 yr course in animation covering both 2D and 3D. If you're hard pressed for time you can go for either 2D or 3D. In any case if you're in final year of BCom no sense dropping it now, better convert it to correspondence if possible.

Do check my reply above as well.

Bsc in Animation

HI,

If you are intresested in pursuing Bsc in Animation you can contact
Toonskool .They have campus in Bangalore,Mumbai,cochin,kolkata,Noida,pune*,Nasik*,Goa*.

For further details visit [B]www.toonskool.net
[/B]
All the best

Satish bhavankar

* From this academic year (june)

Try Arena Animation Academy Chandigarh

Arena Animation Academy
SCO 186-88, III Level
Sector 17-C, Chandigarh 160017
Tel: 91-172-2712812
web: www.arenaanimationacademy.com
mail: info@arenaanimationacademy.com

Go for DAE 3D (Diploma in Animation Engineering 3D), it is a proper Animation Course, not just a software course.

Re : Institutes in India

Hi !

NID, Ahmedabad
ICAT, Chennai
IID, Pune
IIT, Mumbai
MAAC, Mumbai

etc.

Give me your educational qualifications and your exact intrests so that i can try to guide you correctly

All the Best!!

2D or 3D, or a Complete Animation School/ Course?

Are you looking for a 2D or 3D, or a Complete Animation School/ Course?
(I suppose you didn't mean University Degrees when you mentioned Animation Colleges)

You can also check out the DAE program of Arena at http://www.arena-multimedia.com and
You can check out this link http://www.virtualciti.com/arena/dae.htm

This program takes an artist thoroughly through traditional 2D cell upto advanced 3D and you end up making 2 Animation Films of your own (one 2D and one 3D). Takes you through the importance of scripting writing, acting, and other associated activites as well besides sketching for animation and the animation software

A small warning for lazy people - if you can't slog it out go elsewhere! It's going to be a hard 20 months ahead!

My bakgrnd

hey raven as u said..u require the bakgrnd of the one who wants to know abt animation.
i have completed my B.E. from Bhilai Institute of Technology,Durg.
I want to pursue animation related education and take it as a cereer and make it big in life.
Plz suggest me what to do?

hey look this

hai,

thank u so much for your intrest in animation.we are the only institute started by two well known 12 years experienced animator from south.we are teaching basic drawing for all courses.now we have certificate and diploma programme.

first time in india we are going to start full time degree course tieup with indian university.
if you are intrested please mail me...

gokuleena@rediffmail.com
www.afaanimationindia.com

Thanks,
Regards,

B.Gokula Krishnan
Chief Technical Officer
Chennai Animation Studio Pvt Ltd
gokul@chennaianimationstudio.com
www.chennaianimationstudio.com
+91 9283690848 / 9500012201
+91 44 42812301/42812302

indian animation history

hai,

thank u so much for your intrest in animation.we are the only institute started by two well known 12 years experienced animator from south.we are teaching basic drawing for all courses.now we have certificate and diploma programme.

first time in india we are going to start full time degree course tieup with indian university.
if you are intrested please mail me...

gee! you seem to be an oldie in animation. tell us about how animation grew in india.

some important skills an animator

hey raven as u said..u require the bakgrnd of the one who wants to know abt animation.
i have completed my B.E. from Bhilai Institute of Technology,Durg.
I want to pursue animation related education and take it as a cereer and make it big in life.
Plz suggest me what to do?

sorry to come in between your personal question to raven.

Well, some important things in background could be:
1. good artistic hand (sketching)
2. good artistic hand (painting backgrounds)
3. good storywriting skills
4. good sculpting skills (character model)
4. good engineering skills (architectural model)
4. good acting skills (animator)
5. direction skills (animation director)

there are some more like there though these are the main ones. and there are some jobs which can be done without any of the above mentioned skills

Regards

Vineet

guidance

course for people with a burning passion for animation

I have completed my Btech computer science this year and have a burning passion for animation.

Believing that you have a burning desire for animation, neither of the courses you mentioned would suffice - as they are focused on the software. You should go for a course which takes you from traditional cell animation concepts, keyframing, storyboard, character design, acting for animation and then onto 2D/ 3D animation.

100% good animation schools in hyderabadi am intrested in anima

i want 2 join in animation school but i dont know which institution is offering good teaching,so plz tell me if u know

hi megemala

hi megemala,

check our details for further details.12 years experience faculties,100%job and also basic drawing for all courses.

gokuleena@rediffmail.com

www.afaanimationindia.com

Thanks,
Regards,

B.Gokula Krishnan
Chief Technical Officer
Chennai Animation Studio Pvt Ltd
gokul@chennaianimationstudio.com
www.chennaianimationstudio.com
+91 9283690848 / 9500012201
+91 44 42812301/42812302

please read before you answer queries

hi megemala,

check our details for further details.12 years experience faculties,100%job and also basic drawing for all courses.

please read before you answer queries - the poor guy would go looking for you in hyderabad!

good institutes in hyderabad

i want 2 join in animation school but i dont know which institution is offering good teaching,so plz tell me if u know

In hyderabad you can go for Hearts (if it is still providing training) Academy, or else pick up DAE from Arena. There maybe be some more there like UTV toon studio, Color Chips and I'm not sure maybe Padmalaya or DQ could have some courses

course options

Believing that you have a burning desire for animation, neither of the courses you mentioned would suffice - as they are focused on the software. You should go for a course which takes you from traditional cell animation concepts, keyframing, storyboard, character design, acting for animation and then onto 2D/ 3D animation.

I have heard of this course Advance diploma in 3D Animation and visual effects from MAAC. the course content i checked do cover many aspects of animation from storyboarding, sketching, basics, history...... just want a second opinion as its costly so i cant afford wasting money. if u can check the course contents in http://www.maacindia.com/courses.cfm?ID=2&cd=1
and tell me if its good enuf for a person starting from beginning of animation and wanting to sore really high.... atleast for beginning!

deciding which course

The curriculum seems to be having more (3D) software content, though the conceptual parts like character design, human anatomy, traditional cell animation part, acting for animation, timing for animation, keyframing etc seem to be missing.

I am not sure what is your budget and aims. Can you elaborate? Are you looking for a high end career in animation, or you're more oriented towards animation production (In which case this course may do)

I had given you a list of animation schools of hyderabad.

deciding which course

The curriculum seems to be having more (3D) software content, though the conceptual parts like character design, human anatomy, traditional cell animation part, acting for animation, timing for animation, keyframing etc seem to be missing.

I am not sure what is your budget and aims. Can you elaborate? Are you looking for a high end career in animation, or you're more oriented towards animation production (In which case this course may do)

I had given you a list of animation schools of hyderabad. YOu can refer to that as a guide.

high end course

I had given you a list of animation schools of hyderabad. YOu can refer to that as a guide.

hey mann i do want to do high end animation career but ya for now its starting and money restriction r there.
Besides i wanted tyo b in mumbai as i came from UP(north) all the way here just for the course. so tell if u have somthin here. or may b i can start wth this course and later after few years enhance my skills..... i can even go over to game development as im goood wth programming, logic building

actually i heard thr r wide options in animation whch im not aware of. plz let me know tht. i just know i want to b an animator, even programming - scripting. i need to make a start

hi rubens,

you can opt for the full complete diploma programme instead of just going for learing MAYA package alone.

In the diploma programme, they will teach you the traditional animation skills(Concept Art, Gesture Drawings, etc.) which are important for any animator.
These skills will aid you in your career.

Most top companies will look for people who are strong at both traditional animation and packages.

All the best and sorry for replying late.

-Raven

plz help!!!!

hey guys....
m frm mumbai n i hav given ma 10+2 boards dis year in comp sci stream n m wlling to take up animation as a career.....
so plz guys help me out fr which course wud b bettr fr me n which school i shud join,do thy giv placements,whts d fees,pay packages,etc..

hey guys....
m frm mumbai n i hav given ma 10+2 boards dis year in comp sci stream n m wlling to take up animation as a career.....
so plz guys help me out fr which course wud b bettr fr me n which school i shud join,do thy giv placements,whts d fees,pay packages,etc..

Presuming you have some art skills (drawing acting etc)

I would suggest the following:
1. shortlist some institutes/ colleges
2. check out the curriculum (typically it would have a huge amount of drawing involved)
3. Find about the faculty quality (you'd have to locate someone who's studied there, if you don't, ask the institute to refer you any old students)
4. check the placements, but largely placements is a much personal affair as this is a professional field
5. Fees could be anywhere between INR 0.1m to INR 1.0m
6. pay packages you said? if you're here not because you wanted to be here, this question won't matter as you wont be able to stay in it. You need passion to work your way up

Regards

Vineet

hello virtualciti
u seem to b an experienced n dedicated person frm the animation field..
thank you for ur help..:)
may i knw wht job r u doing rite nw in animation?
n wht course had u done?
n plz help me out wid courses more bettr thn 2d and 3d n also tht i hav searched for institutes in mumbai such as graphiti,maya,frameboxx...but m stil confused which 1 is bettr....
and also i wishd to ask u tht my bro tld me tht wid an animation course i will also hav to do sum degree studies....
so m in a fix tht shud i go fr animation course wid sum degree study side by side or its bettr to do animation alone..
or r thr any degree courses in animation?:confused:

If you're really keen on animation let me tell you a few things:

There is nothing such as going for 2d or 3d animation. You have to become someone who can animate, and then choose your medium of preference, whether 2d or 3d.

Ideally you should first learn to animate by hand (cell animation) as that is the only way you can get the actual feel of the character's movements. Cell animation is the theatre of the field of digital animation. Any actor who can perform in the theatre can never fail in cinema, however, the reverse is not true.

As far as I know Toonz and some of the Arena centres (like the one at chandigarh) have a curriculum which goes into cell animation depth. However, it would be better for you to check out the individual courses yourself and then discuss it here, since I am not sure which institutes offer you such a curriculum.

BTW, how good is your drawing and sketching?

hey thanks a lot virtual citi for ur help......:)
sry i was out fr few days.....

No problem. Wish you tempestuous journey as it always is!

Sketch academy

LEARN PRO SKETCHING & IMPROVE YOUR ART SKILLS.
with professionals having experience of more than 8 years in the field of comic book art ,games and animation.

ON WEEKEND

LEARN HOW TO DRAW

Character designs for games comics animations
Concept art for comic books games animations
Story boarding for movies and advt. films
Comic book art
Children book illustrations
Web illustrations
Matte painting
Vector artwork creation
Digital colouring
Inking
and more

For more info
Send in your mails with subject sketch to
KOHSA@YMAIL.COM
ASHOKBHADANA@GMAIL.COM
ASHOKBHADANA2003@yahoo.co.in

www.sketchacademy.blogspot.com

Attach your portfolios if you have any...........

learn with us and be a part of animation and gaming multi-billion dollar industry worldwide

plz forward this message to the artistic students among your family and friends...........who wants to learn sketching n want to be a part of animation n gaming world.

thnx for your time

Please advice

I am good at the some of the following skills you mentioned

3. good story writing skills
4. good acting skills (animator)....I am not good at this skill.
What is my future in Animation?

sincerely

Rupam

I am good at the some of the following skills you mentioned

3. good story writing skills
4. good acting skills (animator)....I am not good at this skill.
What is my future in Animation?

sincerely

Rupam

Ooops! looks like i missed your question. Well if it's not too late, you can focus more on animation design than production. All the preproduction like character design and then initial production like character model/ rig (with good engg skills you have) etc.

Best of Luck!

Hi!ravens,

Babai here.I did my diploma in Fine Arts.Right now I'm working in a animation company in Kolkata.My age is 26.But I want to do a graduation or PG course in aniation.Can you tell me which one will be good for me???

kolkata

Hi!ravens,

Babai here.I did my diploma in Fine Arts.Right now I'm working in a animation company in Kolkata.My age is 26.But I want to do a graduation or PG course in aniation.Can you tell me which one will be good for me???

Kolkata:

HI Babai

Try Toonz Webel Academy there at Kolkata

otherwise try:
Toonz, Trivandrum
Arena, Chennai or Chandigarh
Hearts, Hyderabad (if they are still providing training)

HI Babai

you have completed ur "Diploma in Fine Arts"
will u plz give me details about the same.

do u know any other degree/diploma in animation.plz tell me.

want guidance

Hi !

NID, Ahmedabad
ICAT, Chennai
IID, Pune
IIT, Mumbai
MAAC, Mumbai

etc.

All the Best!!

hi,
i am aditi mitra..i am doing my graduation at present..this is my final year..i have completed a 4 year course in fine arts and am very much interested in animation..please guide me and give me information about different animation pg-courses in india..plz send me the admission procedure,fees structure ,etc.

hi every1 i wanted to make a career in animation i have made inquiry at various institutes like maac arena zima etc and wanted to know which institue is good both teaching and also which places the students
and ppl who have done course frm any of these institutes if they can tell me how they are plz reply fast ty:rolleyes:

hi every1 i wanted to make a career in animation i have made inquiry at various institutes like maac arena zima etc and wanted to know which institue is good both teaching and also which places the students
and ppl who have done course frm any of these institutes if they can tell me how they are plz reply fast ty:rolleyes:

When you take up a course, if you're highly creative like good at sketching, writing or acting then go for a high end course like DAE/ DAE3D from Arena or Toonz.

If you are not creative and still bent on getting into animation (I don't recommend though) you can go for any curriculum which teaches you 3DSMax and Maya. Yes, to be safe you can look for a curriculum which includes dreamweaver and flash, since if due to lack of creativity if you face hurdles you can switch to web design as a career. Though survival in any creative field is difficult, but the shortage of manpower in the filed weighs in your favour temporarily (sic)

Thanks to get this

Thanks to get this information about animation related institutions.

Hi

Hi

There is a top mumbai schools in India known as Ecole Mondiale World School. that offers various level of education like primary school, yealry yealry program, middle yearly programa and diploma courses etc .

for more details you can visit at http://www.ecolemondiale.org/diploma-16-19-yrs/

The field of animation is

The field of animation is booming these days in India. This field is generating new jobs everday. Now there are many institutes in India that are offering animation courses. In Chandigarh, iMesh lab is a reputed animation institute. You can contact iMesh lab to know about courses. 

randomness