Search form

avi problem who can help?????????

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
avi problem who can help?????????

hello,
i have avi’s that work great on my pc but recently some new ones i have downloaded are not working - when i click on them just to high light the file an error message comes up and shuts all programs down the same happens when i double click or even open the file from within a media play (wmp, quicktime, real player). its not a codec problam i have ued gspot to find any missing codecs and it replys i have 3 different codecs that should run the files ok. its not a virus because i have scanned the different files and they come up clean. the files also work on other computers just fine but not my desktop - what is going on - someone please help it’s driving me nuts. i have even reloaded wmp, real player and quick time just in case they were missing a file, all programs come up with the same windows error message. im running windows xp.
thanx in advance
kind regards
barry

You say the same file works on other machines?
Did you move the file over from one machine to another or did you re-download it? It sounds like it may be corrupted? Not sure avi is very easy to screw up on.
Can you do a " get information" on the file? check its properties and then post exactly what it says. That will help anyone trying to help you.

The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself. My Blog: Strange Thoughts

bump.......

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

I would think you need to download a new player. It appears your player has become corrupted. If you can burn the same files and see them on another computer.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.