Search form

Newbie Question on VFX vs. 3D animation

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Newbie Question on VFX vs. 3D animation

Hello,

I have some questions for all of you, I am just beginning to learn about visual FX, although I've been interested in 3D modelling/animation for a while. Hope someone out there can give me some insight!

1) Is it usual for an artist to have experience with both 3D modelling and VFX / Compositing?

2) Do effects usually require some 3D modelling skills? How many effects would be combinations of both?

3) What is the difference between the different software packages Shake, Combustion, Digital Fusion, etc.

4) Are effects always done in post-production, or are they sometimes done concurrently with 3D animation?

Basically, I guess what i am trying to get to is how much of an overlap, or how much synergy is between 3D animation/3D modelling and visual effects? For example, say we want to do a thunderstorm scene, with trees blowing and lightning flashing. Where is the split betw/ 3D animation and VFX here?

Thanks, hope my questions arent too basic! :rolleyes:

-Alfa

hi
dont be confuse between vfx and 3d animation
3d animation and vfx are different thing but the part of same story like u give the example ,the tree thing we create in 3d but for all effect u told that comes from combustion and other compositingsoftware:D

asd:D