Search form

2D back at Disney?

55 posts / 0 new
Last post

Keane made 25,000 a week rumor has it. The average animator was making 1,600. Keane cost what 15 or 16 animators cost. Really, in 3D , you are irrelevant as James Baxter found out so was Keane worth that in 3D ? I think not. Think other animators were upset at him ? I think so.

Really, in 3D , you are irrelevant as James Baxter found out

Wow. If you think the skills of a given animator are irrelevant in 3D, then you need to watch "Hoodwinked" and compare it to any Pixar movie...

Wow. If you think the skills of a given animator are irrelevant in 3D, then you need to watch "Hoodwinked" and compare it to any Pixar movie...

Given your business model that becomes irrelevant since management isn't supposed to care about artistic matters.

Whatever he got payed, if it was more than normal it might be what they feel he's worth...I don't think Disney pays him just for the marks he can put on paper. Once he's a "name" he can attract new employees, be marketed, plus there might be a price on the distinctive look and feel they think is profitable that he has the best handle on. Just a theory though.

Pages